Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Painting Triangles

Hi Angel,

I feel like I haven't posted in ages! I've had so much happening on the business side of my life, with lots of custom orders and my first experience with consignment in a brick-and-mortar shop. I also have been trying to stock my Etsy shop with new items.

But, "real" life goes on just the same. For example, the boys have been sick with the awful norovirus this past week. I've never done so much laundry, blech! On a funner note, our Spring Break occurred mid-April and my mom came to visit for a week! It was so wonderful to spend some quality time with her. The kids loved hanging out with Yaya and we sat down for some craft projects.

I had been wanting to paint some square wood panels to decorate our bathroom for a while. I took the opportunity of some rainy day crafting with my mom to get the paints out. Our bathroom walls are a nice shade of turquoise, while the floors are tiled in black in white. I thought some modern triangles featuring those colors along with others might be fun.


Jenny: Painting Triangles

Jenny: Painting Triangles

Jenny: Painting Triangles


I first tried out some large triangles with my watercolors. I love how vibrant the colors turned out, but despite a couple of layers, you can see every brush stroke -- not sure I like that.


Jenny: Painting Triangles

Jenny: Painting Triangles


Before I went any further, I tried smaller triangles and gouache paint on my other wood panel.


Jenny: Painting Triangles


What do you think?



Jenny: Painting triangles


I don't know whether to keep going, maybe add some additional colors -- a pop of red or fuchsia perhaps? -- or just paint over it all with a coat of white and start from scratch.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the one with little triangles! And personally, I don't mind the brushstrokes-- proof it is handmade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think they're great!! and the brushstrokes would drive me nuts if i made them, but i like them in yours ;) if that makes any sense...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...