Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Is it Spring yet?

Happy Easter!

Good morning! I was up with the birds this morning, as usual, and thought I'd write a post before everyone else wakes up and starts NEEDING THINGS. (Well shit, Ian just woke up! I'll crank it out......and I'll be glad it's not a video blog b/c he has terrible gas this morning. BOYS!!!!!)

Speaking of boys, here's a photo of that special moment Ian and Silas shared last week, when Silas had the Spring Break stomach virus:

DSC_0554


That picture reminds me to tell you, the Make Do sets you sent us for Christmas have been a HUGE hit! We have made robots, hats, a hideout, and the "safe saw" is Silas's new favorite thing. He begs for cardboard to cut with that thing, and it's really great for his hand/eye coordination too. So, THANK YOU! It filled many hours of yucky weather, inside time.

So, the weather here in Nashville has been..........unusual. I know we're not alone in this, I'm starting to have a better idea what your summer was like last year, Jenny! It is usually 70 degrees during the day here by now, we've been lucky to hit 50 lately. And gray skies almost every afternoon. Hmmmm, it IS starting to sound like Seattle! This has seriously affected my mood, I need warmth! I just feel like I can't get warm lately, and I spend a lot of time in a hot bath. Soon enough it will be 100 degrees in the shade, so I should probably just get over it.....


It's 5:30 a.m., and I have already retrieved two bowls of cereal (the first was rejected) and am now listening to what has to be the loudest, most obnoxious cereal eating, ever. Someone suggested I teach Ian about table manners, if I had a nickel for every time I have asked that kid to close his mouth while he chews I'd have a pretty good monthly income coming in. I literally asked him to close his mouth twenty seconds ago, could this be a mouth breathing issue? He wakes up shortly after I do every morning, and loves to eat cereal first thing. To say his eating ruins my morning is exaggerating, but let's just say if he was my roommate in college instead of my kid, I'd have probably kicked him in the shins already this morning. The next food offered will be something soft and incapable of making noise. Anyway, I digress. Back to things!


Oh Jenny, your family's poor Christmas box! And now, your birthday has passed too. I think I might just throw it out the front door at the mail lady today, that would increase its chances of reaching you greatly. Here's a picture of the box! Yesterday Ian said, "Mom, do you REALIZE how long ago Christmas was? When are you going to send this?"

DSC_0579


In other news, we are in remodeling limbo here. Our kitchen is in desperate need of an update, I've been using the broiler at varying temperatures instead of the "bake" function because the stove is on its last leg! But we are going to install a gas cook top, the kind that goes into a cabinet, and then I'll have the oven in the opposite wall. I think! We haven't figured it out yet. It's been such a cold, dreary Spring so far that I desperately need to change things around in the house for my own sanity, but with big changes on the horizon (probably in the Summer) I can't do anything permanent. I decided some new napkins would help, I could only find three of them that were clean but I made about eight? I need to make about eight more! I used some of the fat quarters you gave me from Drygoods, and looked at your napkin post for help.

Angel: Fat Quarter napkins


I also printed off some recent favorite images from the internet, I'm just sticking them up on the wall with washi tape. It's kind of college dorm, but who are we kidding? I'M college dorm most of the time, and living with two small boys and one large boy, it IS like a college dorm around here.

Frida!


Fox!


DSC_0586


Family.


Did I tell you about our Tennessee Aquarium trip? I love Chattanooga so much, it is a great little town and only a few hours away from us. Perfect day trip now that the boys are older, too. We bought a year long pass, with two visits it pays for itself and we'll go back at least once more in twelve months, I am sure. Most of the pictures Lee took are actually videos, I only have a few! This sea turtle one can suffice for now, until I can go through the rest.

Aquarium.


My creative self has been struggling, the weather is not helping! I started a piece called "Emerging Spring", I like where it is going so far. It's more of an experiment than anything, I have pulled out many, many stitches and the felt is starting to look a little "holey". I've been watching this embroidery series at Creativebug, I have learned SO much. I really need to use that site more as a subscriber! There are so, so many great classes on there right now, some are even offered for free, to anyone. Here's a preview of what I'm working on, I'll post more pictures later today when I do a Spotlight on Felt on the Fly.

Angel: "Emerging Spring"


OK, I must go. I can't believe how clunky I am at HTML! This has taken me forever. Also, a "second breakfast" is being requested, and the other two are not even awake yet. Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. This post cracked me up!!!! You are so right about it being very cool here in Nashville. Also, that the heat and humidity will be back with a vengeance.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...