Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What's Been Keeping Me Busy...

Hi Angel!

I can't believe how this year is flying so far. I owe you an update on the crafty front! I have been so busy with my little business, which is great. I feel like things have finally kicked into a smooth, steady gear. I have had a constant stream of projects to work on, mostly custom orders. (See below for a few examples!) But eek, it's hard to stay afloat on all fronts and I feel like my blog posting has fallen by the wayside, along with my socializing. I'll try to catch you up here!

First, I wanted to show you the little Valentines I made with the kids for Valentine's Day last week. I had noticed this adorable lollipop-holding photo idea on Design Mom a while back and pinned it. The weather was horribly rainy and gloomy in the days leading up to V-day, so I had to take indoor photos of the kids, which of course were slightly blurry. They turned out pretty cute though, and were a big success with their friends!


Valentines!
Ben has a little friend named Angel in his class!

Valentines!


In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I also made some heart-y table runners for my shop. I love how these turned out, fun!


Jenny Bartoy: Valentine's Day Table Runner

Jenny Bartoy: Valentine's Day Table Runner


A few weeks ago, I scored a whole bunch of new fabrics from both Drygoods Design Online and Hawthorne Threads. Here are some photos to make you drool. There is some Stamped, some Bella, some Notting Hill, and more loveliness. Pretty much all of this is going into projects for my shop, though I'm thinking of saving some of that Notting Hill sateen to make a pillow for our living room.


Pretty fabrics!

Pretty fabrics!


Here are some of the custom orders I completed recently: a book cover for our friend Carrie's bible study tome, some quilted table runners, and a custom set of coasters.


Jenny Bartoy: Various Custom Orders

Jenny Bartoy: Various Custom Orders

Jenny Bartoy: Various Custom Orders


Also, I am in charge of the auction art project for Ben's kindergarten class. Their curriculum is project-based, and their winter project has been "Fabrics through the world". How fortunate! As you can imagine, I've been invited to do show and tell a couple of times.

For the auction project, we've been working on a large piece of fiber art, involving fabric. I had visions of branching out from my usual burlap art and doing something edgy and cool. But all the feedback I received from the adults involved has been to stick to the type of stuff I've made from my shop, so the project will involve a tree and some birdies. Here's a glimpse at my prep work. I'll share more soon!!


Prep for Auction Art Project


I think that about rounds up all that's been keeping me busy lately. How about you? What is occupying your hands lately? What fabrics are you drooling over? What projects are getting you excited? I'd love to know!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jen, you've been busy! I love those valentines, I remember seeing those on Design Mom a few years back. I am so jealous about the "Stamped", I hope to get some soon. Can't wait to see your school project, I have a post coming up about my own school experience (soon, I hope.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you put together for your auction art project! I've done the class art for the past two years but this year I'm in charge of all the art projects for the school. Its mainly motivating and organizing all the volunteers. I love seeing what types of projects people are doing for their auctions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...