Friday, February 8, 2013

Hello!

Hello!

One thousand apologies for my absence, but let's get on with it shall we? 2013 has been very creative for me so far, and I'd love to share a few of my latest projects.

Scan 12


This little fox is the result of a lot of sketching and thinking, more on him later! I'll have a separate post, soon.

Scan 16


This piece I made for the upcoming art auction at Ian's school. It was inspired by their class's country for this year, Haiti. (The school's theme is "We are the World" this year.) I did quite a bit of research on fiber arts in Haiti, and found a group called Haiti Peace Quilts. A common theme in many of the quilts was a Tree of Life symbol, and that was the inspiration for the students' pieces as well. (More on that later!)

Scan 22


I'm not quite done with this one, Ian asked to keep it at our house.

Scan 17


Scan 18


And, last but not least, I made a ton of these little fabric and felt catchalls for Christmas gifts. A piece of 100% wool felt, a nice print fabric in the same size, some embroidery floss and some buckwheat hulls! They turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. The embroidery in the center creates a small indentation for keys, jewelery, etc. I hope to have some of these in my Etsy shop soon!

All the felt is from Janet at Felt on the Fly! She's one of Stumbles and Stitches' sponsors, but I am also a loyal customer. Her felt is wonderful, her customer service is outstanding. Thanks again for picking out such beautiful colors for me, Janet!

1 comment:

  1. It's so great to see what you've been working on, yay!

    As you know, I think those tree of life pieces are beautiful. I love how you've included the print of the fabrics into the design and color scheme.

    Can't wait to see more of the fox, and those clever catch-alls in your shop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...