Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Infinity Scarves and Coffee Cozies

Hi there!

I mentioned yesterday that I made quite a few gifts this year, but surprisingly, it didn't feel like that much. That might be because I had just come out of working like a nut to prepare for my first Holiday Fair. Or it might be because I made several of the same, easy gifts!

I mentioned yesterday that I made quite a few infinity scarves this year. Here are more I made for you Angel, as well as for Ben's teacher and assistant-teacher, and last but not least for my Mom! There are all made of voile from various Anna Maria Horner collections. So soft, and wonderful to work with!


Jenny: Christmas Presents

Jenny: Christmas Presents

Jenny: Christmas Presents

Jenny: Christmas Presents


I bought some Field Study voile to make one for myself too, so I'll try to take some pics and share how I make these. Super easy peasy and they just use ONE yard of fabric.

The other gift I made a lot of were coffee/tea cozies. I started by using a cozy pattern (that I can't find right now) that featured a velcro closure. I made this teacher gift for Henry's preschool teacher, who also happens to be my neighbor and friend. I gave that to her along with an assortment of teas in a handmade fabric bucket (more on those soon!). This one features a print from the new Stamped collection by Ellen Luckett Baker (love!!!!).


Jenny: Christmas Presents


Then I decided to simplify the cozy pattern and made a whole bunch of them by skipping the velcro and just sewing both ends on top of one another. It worked great. I made one for myself using some leftover Echo by Lotta Jansdotter and I use it all the time (which tells you just how I often I splurge on lattes, ahem).


Jenny: Christmas Presents

Jenny: Christmas Presents


Since we weren't going to be in Texas with my family for the holidays, we sent a care package. In it, I included a coffee cozy for each adult member of my family. When we connected with them on Skype for our traditional Christmas breakfast, they each had a coffee cup in hand, adorned with a cozy. It made my day more than any gift!


Have you caught on to the infinity scarf craze? Do you have a favorite pattern? What do you think of working with voile? What are some of your favorite go-to holiday gifts? Let's chat in the comments.

5 comments:

  1. Love those scarves! I've been knitting one for a couple months now, it should be done by next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your infinity scarves? Did you use a specific tutorial or just make them on your own? I've seen a few tutorials but they always seem really limp! Yours are so full! I LOVE them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering the same thing as Rachel. The cozies and the scarves are both great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, I take my scarf off only to wash it! One of my very favorite gifts for Christmas. Those Anna Maria voiles are just so wonderful.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys, thank you so much for all the kind comments! Sorry it took me a few days to respond, we're dealing with another round of sickness around here, ARGH!

    These scarves were made with my own pattern, which I created based on several tutorials out there, along with the dimensions of scarves I liked on Etsy, and the fact that I wanted to cut costs and only use 1 yard of fabric for each. So, all that combined led to the scarves you see in this post.

    I will work on a tutorial and post it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...