Monday, October 29, 2012

Who's Ready For Halloween?

Not me!

I am knee deep in falcon feathers as we speak. Here's a little update on the progress of Ben's costume before I get back to it.

To facilitate a correct sizing and tailoring of the costume, I traced the outline of Ben's body on kraft paper, then drew out my idea of the costume over it. This gave me a great idea of what size each part of the costume should be. It's also a great reference for measurements -- from neck to finger tips, shoulder to waist, etc.


Jenny: Halloween Prep

Jenny: Halloween Prep


I cut a muslin in the shape of a half moon poncho and will be sewing my feather layers onto it. I cut all the "feathers" from eco-felt yesterday and I'm ready to roll with stitching the layers today. I told Ben at school drop-off this morning I was hoping to have his costume finished by the time I picked him up. Challenge on!


Jenny: Halloween Prep

Jenny: Halloween Prep

Jenny: Halloween Prep


Wish me luck! Ben has a Halloween party at school on Wednesday so the costume needs to be completely finished by end of day tomorrow. I will post about the finished costume later this week. I can't wait to see it myself! How are your kiddos' costumes coming along?

Meanwhile, we've been keeping busy with various Halloween fun and prep -- carving pumpkins, eating jack-o-lantern cookies, decorating the house with fake spiders, etc. Fun stuff.


Jenny: Halloween Prep

Jenny: Halloween Prep

Jenny: Halloween Prep

Jenny: Halloween Prep

Jenny: Halloween Prep

Jenny: Halloween Prep


While the excitement of Halloween is certainly front and center at the moment, my thoughts are with Lee and your family, Angel. I wish we were closer so I could give you guys a big hug in person. My thoughts are with our friends on the East Coast as well. May Hurricane Sandy be gentler than expected and may you all stay safe!

3 comments:

  1. not me either. I'm starting on my son's tomorrow. Cuttin' it real close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable stuff! Jealous that you get to wear costumes to school. Apparently we go to Humorless School, they're verboten for us. Ah well, gives me a few extra hours to finish sewing...which I will likely need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every year, Many Halloween Seattle Party organizes by BONZA BASH Productions. They deliver Seattle’s most amazing Halloween experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...