Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bonjour to you, too!

Oh Jen, so good to see those pictures of the boys! Sorry to hear Ben had a rough morning, how was it today? They are just so, so tired at the end of the day and sitting still so long is hard too. He'll get the hang of it!

Ian's doing fine in second grade, but I am certainly envious of Ben's recess schedule! We make up for it by going to the playground after school almost every day. I'm still volunteering with the school garden, the library and wherever else I can, I figure I should give as much time as I can while I am home. Have you found any volunteer opportunities at Ben's school yet?

On the crafty front, I figured out my sewing machine issue and got the old girl out the other day.

Evidence:

DSC_9702

I also started planning a new bedspread for the grown ups, what do you think of this fabric? (Please ignore that neon yellow wall, it's not going to be that color for much longer!)


DSC_9709

DSC_9718

DSC_9715

I am thinking of just joining the two pieces in the center and then doing a solid border all the way around. I have a lightweight king sized quilt batting upstairs that's never been opened too! Let me know what you think. I was going to choose a pattern for the edges, but Lee said it might detract from the main fabric. I'm not sure......

DSC_0014


And of course, around here there are always LOTS of other projects going on. Right now, it's honey harvest time! There is a jar headed your way, if I ever get this damned box shipped. (sorry.....)

DSC_9706


Waiting for these tomatoes to ripen so I can put them in jars, we had a terrible time with tomato fruit worms this year so I've had to pick a lot of green ones.

DSC_9704

I'll leave you with a picture of this crazy kid, he is so sweet! Looking forward to writing many more craft posts in the near future........

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! So glad to hear from you and see all that's going on. Yum, honey!

    It think I agree with Lee on the border -- the plainer the better, since the fabric is already interesting. That will make a really nice bed spread!

    I love me some Silas!!! He is so stinkin' cute! Speaking of crazy kids, I better run. Henry has been emptying all of Ben's craft supply cabinet piece by piece while I typed this and has now reached the paints. AAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you guys just talk to each other? Or can I join in? :-) Well, here goes anyway: I LOVE that fabric for the bedspread. I vote for no borders. And might I expect a jar of honey, too? Just kidding! Your boy is cute with those boots! My son used to wear a pair of cowboy boots EVERYWHERE TO EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, that made me laugh! Yes of course, please join in. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...