Saturday, August 11, 2012

Oh Fabric...

Hi Angel!

I can't believe how quickly this whole week has flown by. I've been meaning to post all week but have been sidetracked with doctor appointments, visits to the mechanic, and kids who just won't sit still for longer than 30 seconds. Fortunately, we were able to squeeze in some fun time with Kate as well as Sarah and their adorable offspring, and my little brother just arrived for a week's visit. I'm so excited to see him!!

How are things in Nashville? I heard the temperatures are finally bearable. I hope Ian's first week of school went well! Can't wait to see the tutorial for your beautiful ornament! ;)

I do have some projects to share, but haven't gone through my pics yet. However, I realized recently that I have acquired a LOT of fabric in the last couple of months. So I thought I'd share a little bit of fabric yumminess for the weekend!


- First, for a custom order inspired by this table runner, I am working with a combination of natural linen with Large Poppies in Teal by Karen Tusinski for Gallery Fiori, and another one with Dogwood Stripe in Olive by Laura Gunn for Poppy. I love both of these painterly prints and think the result will be lovely with the natural linen thrown in!


Fabric Yumminess!


- As I mentioned a while back, I was one of the winners of Ellen Luckett Baker's Quilt Blocks Challenge (you can read more about that here). Part of my winner's prize was 5 yards of her Quilt Blocks fabric which I received recently. That is a LOT of fabric! I am not sure what to make with it -- perhaps crisp, summery napkins?


Fabric Yumminess!


- I was also very fortunate to win my second giveaway ever a few weeks ago: a 1/2 yard bundle of Hyperreal Garden by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics in the Forrest Palette, courtesy of Fabric Envy and hosted on my lovely friend Maureen's equally lovely blog.


Fabric Yumminess!


I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this bundle. It's all washed and pressed. The quality of Art Gallery fabrics is quite gorgeous and the designs are beautiful. However I'm realizing now that it's front of me that forest green and pink are not necessarily my colors... My thought is to branch out of my color comfort zone to make a quilt (or just quilt top?) for Craft Hope's Project 18. Don't you think this would be a perfect way to pass on this lucky win?


- When I won this giveaway, I also took advantage of Fabric Envy's amazing 30% off sale to purchase a fat quarter bundle of Pat Bravo's Modernology collection for Art Gallery Fabrics. I've loved this collection ever since I first saw it a while back. The color scheme fits me to a tee (navy, aqua, grey, chartreuse, fuchsia... LOVE!) and I'm so excited to make something with these fabrics!! I'm thinking another quilt, but this time for my family. (How am I going to find the time for all these projects...?)


Fabric Yumminess!


- And finally, I totally splurged when I saw Cloud9's new line Simpatico available at Fat Quarter Shop and bought a fat quarter bundle. I know this beautiful, modern and ORGANIC line will come in handy for making eco- and baby-friendly gifts soon, since it's apparently birthing season amongst our friends and family. Just washed them yesterday, aren't they yummy?


Fabric Yumminess


What would you make with all these fabrics? What's your favorite? Have you replenished your stash with any yummy fabric lately? I'd love to know! Have a wonderful weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    Beautiful wins!
    Love that cloud 9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Simpatico is just as lovely in person as it is on the computer screen. Total fabric home-run.

      Delete
  2. I have lots of these pretty fabrics in my own stash! (And, thank you for the shout out!) So, do you always wash and press your fabrics? I rarely do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen! Yes I always do wash and press my fabrics, it's so funny how everyone has a different take on that! I probably would get to work on projects much faster if I didn't, but early in my sewing "career" someone told me to do it and I took the advice to heart and it became habit. I actually really love the clean laundry smell when I work with fabric, and knowing it won't shrink when the project is washed. I also love pressing fabric, it's so zen and a much funner use of the iron that ironing shirts!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Get you some! It is just as crisp and beautiful in person as I imagined. So glad I splurged.

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes! Love the Simpatico. And I think the Craft Hope quilt is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...