Sunday, July 1, 2012

Learning about friendship.....

Friendship is an amazing thing..... 

I'm going to take this opportunity, while I know Jenny is on her way back from a camping trip with the family, to let you all in on a little secret: I am a lucky, lucky girl.

Last week I went out to the mailbox and found a package from Seattle. I thought it was something Ben had sent Ian, so imagine my surprise when I opened it and found something addressed to me! (Ian was bummed out, I should have read the label before I blurted out that it was for him. OOPS.)

Inside was this hoop, lovingly embroidered and finished, with a sweet card from Jenny that said she'd known I had been going through a rough patch, so even though she started making this for herself she'd decided to send it to me once it was done.

Did I mention she managed to get it in the mail while planning and packing for her trip? 

Somehow that "rough patch" doesn't seem so rough anymore, knowing I have a friend like this.......

3 comments:

  1. Aw you're so sweet to post this! I'm glad it arrived in one piece. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: Ben is still working on a letter and/or project for Ian. It keeps changing and I need him to focus... I'll keep you posted.

      Delete
  2. Just like Family good Friends are priceless. I hope this cheers you up each and every time you look at it. I was a little blue once and a good Friend sent her husband around with a cheer up bag - a quilting mag, chocky, herbal tea bag and a lovely card. Still makes me smile to think about it. Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...