Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Summer!

Hello and happy Summer Solstice!!

Do you have any fun, seasonal plans today? We are so happy to be enjoying the first sunny and decently warm day in weeks (73F expected this afternoon), so we'll be headed outside as soon as I hit "Publish" on this post. We've had so much going on this June that I haven't had a chance to be very thoughtful about a Solstice celebration. But, I guess being outdoors to enjoy Mother Nature is its own celebration!

I recently completed a few projects and have a bunch in the works. I'll be working on sharing all that with you soon. Meanwhile, I thought I would give you glimpses of what's keeping me busy these days...

June is apparently "gift-making month", who knew?! Between teacher appreciation, weddings and new babies, I have been cranking out gifts like a one-person factory lately!

Here are teacher gifts mid-prep (I'm hoping this design turns out well, if so I'll work on a tutorial!):

Jenny: Busy June!


And here's an organic baby blanket in the works:

Jenny: Busy June!


This is a marvelous bundle of fabric I got from Drygoods Design yesterday. I love Keli's brick-and-mortar Seattle shop! She gave me fabulous input and ideas too, can't beat that. These fabrics will be turned into several wedding and housewarming gifts -- more on that SOON! (I also got several yards of natural linen at Joann's, currently 50% off!)

Jenny: Busy June!


I just received Maya's book in the mail yesterday, courtesy of Wiley Crafts. We'll be reviewing Reinvention as part of our Inspired by Nature series. And WOW. It is beautiful and so inspiring. What do you think, Angel?

Jenny: Busy June!


Meanwhile the kids are keeping me busy as ever. Ben doesn't nap in the afternoon anymore. On a good day, he sits next to me at the dining room table and we both work on our own projects while we chit chat.

Jenny: Busy June!


Henry is a different story. He no longer naps in the morning which has shifted my productivity schedule (I used to work while he slept and Ben was at preschool). Now our mornings are spent playing, running errands or hanging out at the park. If I'm lucky he naps for a good stretch in the afternoon. When that doesn't happen, he "helps" me with whatever I've got going on like, oh say, basting a quilt?

Jenny: Busy June!


So that's about it! As you can see, I've been a busy bee. I'm so excited that summer is beginning! We are staying put for most of the summer but we have so many fun plans -- our first camping trip! my little brother visiting! soccer camp!

What are you working on these days? What are you doing to celebrate the arrival of Summer? I'd love to hear from you in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you have some great projects in the works. I hope you enjoy the nice weather and the first day of summer! Here's to a warmer one than last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenelle! I hope you've enjoyed the summery weather today too!! I owe you an email so we can make plans to stitch and chat. :)

      Delete
  2. Hope you're enjoying the day, Jenny!

    I would love to know a little more about your afternoons when your son "sits next to me at the dining room table and we both work on our own projects while we chit chat." How do you make that happen? Do you have projects for him planned each day, certain activities that you've learned are reliable to engage him, does he choose what to do, etc.? I ask because I work from home, and am considering reducing my childcare hours this fall (this is a fancy way of saying that my kid is starting K and I'm not sure about this 'aftercare' thing) and trying to arrange for us to "parallel play." That picture you've posted of your son drawing and pretty much encapsulates my fantasy! I know, I know, not all days are like that I'm sure--but any insight as to how you make those good days happen, and set things up for success, would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! I hope you've been enjoying the gorgeous beautiful summer day today!!

      I will respond more at length via email after the kids go to bed tonight, but here's a link to a post where I shared a little about this in the comments. http://stumblesandstitches.blogspot.com/2012/01/ask-away.html

      I hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  3. that quilt is looking amazing!!! holy wow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rach!! It's done and i can't wait to share photos. But I'm waiting for it to get to its recipients first...

      Delete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...