Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Nest has been Feathered: Thank you!

Oh my. When I mentioned something about a "Feather Your Nest" series to Jenny some time last year, I had no idea it would turn out to be such a wonderful collection of original tutorials (from some amazing contributors) AND that we would have over 70 projects submitted for our upcycled home decor project contest.

I have to tip my virtual hat to Jenny for this one, she took the concept and orchestrated almost every post this month, in addition to sharing her super cute French Press cozy tutorial. I do not know what I'd do without her, she is what keeps this website going!


Feathering The Nest
Feathering the nest, photo by gecko47 on Flickr


Part of what makes this blog so important to me is talking with Jenny every day (sometimes, many times a day!) to discuss the behind the scenes workings of Stumbles & Stitches. I am terrible at keeping in touch with friends, and the blog provides an "excuse" to stay connected. 

Jenny and I write the blog to share things we've made with each other, too. But the daily support, inspiration and commiseration from all of you "makers" out there is an integral part that can't be overemphasized. So, while I did literally "Feather My Nest" by dyeing some curtains (yay!), YOU virtually "feathered my nest" with every single comment, project and vote you shared with us.

Speaking of "making"... If you entered our little contest, and your entry did not get chosen for any prize, please know this: I understand all too well that line between sitting in front of the computer looking at Pinterest, and actually sitting down, supplies gathered, putting your two hands to work to create something new. Sometimes that threshold feels impossible to cross, doesn't it?

But each and every one of you DID cross it, and that is no small thing. It's so easy to take making things by hand for granted when you are part of the "crafting world", and easy to forget that the large majority of folks don't make much of ANYTHING by hand. You my friends are special! I hope you remember that each and every time you see what you made for your home during Feather Your Nest.

Thank you to the judges that helped us narrow down the entries and choose a winner, it was so fun working with all of you! (You can see them all listed here).

And, one last huge thanks to all the folks that donated prizes: Fat Quarter Shop, Drygoods Design, Lark Crafts, Imagine Gnats, Sew Mama Sew, Jenny Bartoy ~ Handmade Designs and Demeter Rising Designs.

If you found Stumbles & Stitches through Feather Your Nest this past month, welcome! And to all of you, thanks for visiting and reading our little blog. We have some fun things coming up in the next few months, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Very well said :-) You both have a lovely blog and I enjoy seeing everyone who creates such wonderful pieces of art! It inspires me :-)

    Thank you,
    Chandice
    brunetteinnoaz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...