Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Fun and Lots of Piles

Hi Angel!

It's Friday and I can hardly believe it. Where did this week go? It flew by in a blink and I find myself overwhelmed with too much to do, not enough time, and no clue where to start. It's a familiar feeling, really. But life is good and things are going pretty well around here. I took my camera around the house over the last few days and thought I would share a few glimpses of what we're up to lately.

- I won my first giveaway EVER: this charm pack of Kona solids from the lovely blog Pile o' Fabric. It just arrived today with a super cute handmade card.

Jenny: Friday Fun


- Speaking of piles... This stack of book has been sitting near my desk, and growing with every new (and fabulous!) book shared by Lark Crafts for review. A bunch of these were purchased with a birthday gift card, but I have yet to really dive into them. I'm itching for some quiet reading time!

Jenny: Friday Fun


- With all the sunshine we've been enjoying, our potted garden is doing great. I trellised our peas, planted our tomato starts and harvested the first batch of kale! Can't wait to taste it, yum!

Jenny: Friday Fun

Jenny: Friday Fun


- Ben had his TV privilege taken away for bad behavior (4.5 years old has been quite the challenge...). Instead of watching morning cartoons, he's been drawing like crazy, writing books (thanks to these awesome blank books my mom sent him), and has been on an all-around super creative kick. Yay for no TV!

Jenny: Friday Fun

Jenny: Friday Fun

Jenny: Friday Fun
He added a carrot to this embroidery project yesterday.

Jenny: Friday Fun
Turning a cardboard box into an airplane

Jenny: Friday Fun


I LOVE how creative he is, and that he takes initiative in his crafty and artistic endeavors. I often find him deeply absorbed into some project when I get up with Henry in the morning, or when I return from starting a load of laundry in the basement. However, he doesn't know how to put things away and we need to tackle the monster that has become his craft area (a.k.a. the disaster corner of our dining room).

Jenny: Friday Fun


- Meanwhile, his little brother is usually found doing things like....

Jenny: Friday Fun
Rolling around on the couch and giving Mommy heart attacks by almost falling face first on the floor

Jenny: Friday Fun
Finding something to climb on to watch the trucks and backhoes working on the house remodel across the street


- I have so many works-in-progress, most of which I need to finish before the end of May: custom orders, Craft Hope aprons, Quilt Blocks shop challenge, wedding quilt, and more. Here's one of my piles -- see if you can spot a quilt top, a custom Kindle cover awaiting a button, and some Quilt Blocks quilt blocks.

Jenny: Friday Fun


LOTS of piles around here, it seems. Here's wishing for those to all get tackled and weeded down this weekend!

I hope you've had a great week. What are you working on this weekend? What kind of piles do you have around your house?

By the way: Happy Mother's Day almost a week late! I hope you had a wonderful day. Here's a little pic of me with my two distracted boys last Sunday at a nearby park. It was a beautiful day!


Jenny: Friday Fun

5 comments:

  1. I love Kale chips - check out Tracy's recipe for them over at Shutterbean (http://www.shutterbean.com/2010/kalechips/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, that's so funny, we had kale chips last night with the harvested kale!! They were delicious. :) Thanks for sharing the recipe, that blog looks great!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the win! I'm quite envious of that little pile of books, I'm a craft book junky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, thank you. :) I am a craft book junky as well but the stack is getting to be a bit much lately. I need a week or two on a deserted island alone with my books, ha ha!

      Delete
  3. Yeah! I was going through my reader and popped up my business card! haha So glad it got there! Enjoy! That is one nice looking stack of books! Lots of those are on my Amazon WishList!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...