Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dear Jenny: Your mission, if you choose to accept it


Jenny, I only have a minute b/c Kristina is on her way over, but I wanted to post some photos so you could put your thinking cap on. This baker's rack is old, and it's been outside for about a year next to the chicken coop. Surprisingly the wood is in pretty good shape still, but the finish has flaked off. Do you think you could help me revamp it when you come visit next week? I need it to function as a full service craft storage area, I don't need the wood part to be a full time work surface but I'd like to keep it cleared off so I can use it if I need to. Any ideas?


DSC_8525

DSC_8527

DSC_8538


DSC_8539

2 comments:

  1. Nice post! Thanks for sharing this page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many ideas for this project! I think you're going to be sorry you asked me for input, ha ha!

    I am thinking: paint the metal with a glossy, bold color like aqua; sand and clean up the wood and stain it with some natural stain or polish; create an inspiration board for the back portion; make baskets for the bottom levels; create a hook system for supplies and containers on the top.... How much do you think we can do in one day?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...