Feather Your Nest is in full swing and we hope you've been busy -- both working on your own projects and visiting us for tutorials, free downloads and inspiration. Next week's schedule is jam-packed with awesome guest posts, tutorials and "featured nests"! Can't wait!!
Let's talk about a few important reminders:
- April 22 (tomorrow!) is the deadline for signing up for the Feather Your Nest stitch-along and contest. Check out the details and leave a comment HERE to sign up.
- April 29 (next Sunday) is the deadline for submitting your projects. Entries are starting to roll into the Flickr pool, and each one is more creative, lovely and "green" than the last. So awesome and inspiring!
- In case you didn't see them, prizes were announced here, and judges were introduced here. Amazing and awesome, aren't they?
- The requirements for your sew-along entry are here, but here's a quick recap. The project(s) you submit in Feather Your Nest must be:
- Made by you, for your own home.
- Made with stitches.
- Made with some repurposed or upcycled material.
- Made in 2012.
- The details for entry submission are also listed here, but here's the gist of it:
- Post ONE photo of your finished item(s) in our Feather Your Nest Flickr pool, by April 29 Midnight PST. THIS IS YOUR ENTRY IN THE CONTEST.
- Please label your photo "Feather Your Nest ENTRY" in the title line, along with the name of your project.
- In the photo description, explain the materials (including the repurposed/upcycled aspect if it's not obvious -- this is IMPORTANT!), as well as your inspiration, the item's purpose, and/or whatever else you'd like to say.
- Optional: link to a blog post or Flickr set where you provide more details and images.
- If you do not have a Flickr account, simply email us your entry photo with details at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll post it for you.
We're so excited to see what you all have been working on! Such fun!! Happy stitching!