Monday, April 16, 2012

Feather Your Nest: Playing with Color

Good morning Jenny! Oh boy, I have spent a lot of time at the computer the last few days, with no posts to show for it. I updated my Pinterest boards and did lots and lots of thinking about window coverings and re-purposing what I've got on hand......more on that later.

Every so often, a color palette pops into my head. It changes with time, and sometimes it's related more towards the clothing I buy than paint colors or fabric choices for the house. I started formulating a new group of colors last week, when I looked at the iDye color chart on Dharma Crafts while doing research about dyeing curtains. The four colors that stood out to me were these:


418422430428
(Turquoise, Chartreuse, Silver Grey and Yellow Ochre from iDye) 

Orange keeps creeping into my decorating schemes, it's not a color I look good in so I want to work it into the house somehow. The chartreuse, aqua and gray are old standbys, we even painted all the walls in the front part of the house gray! I think adding the orange gives it a nice jolt without being overpowering. So you know I've been drooling over the new Lotta Jansdotter line, Bella? (is it August yet?) Lo and behold, the palette is almost identical. (I literally realized this as I was writing this post!)

poster

I am sure this was subliminal, I can't remember if I saw the Bella preview before or after I picked out the dye colors I wanted. Either way, I can't wait to get my hands on some of this, I don't think I can swing enough yardage for curtains for five single and two double casement windows but maybe some new pillows?

I'm not sure exactly how these colors will manifest as things move forward with decorating (we have to finish painting before we can hang anything on the walls, and before we start painting again we've got a list a mile long of other priorities, so I've got lots of time to think about it!) but I've got a few plans up my sleeve for Feather Your Nest using iDye, so stay tuned.

 Angel: Playing with Color

I found this Geometrics coloring book while putting away the ENDLESS piles of STUFF from our move two weeks ago, I thought it would be fun to color in one of the patterns in my new color palette. I got as far as the orange, but couldn't find a chartreuse marker to suit my fancy. I like the white interspersed, don't you? I'll share what it looks like with the green added once I find a good match.


 Angel: Playing with Color
There's something soothing about coloring, don't you think? I did most of it while watching "Game of Thrones" on TV.  A fun and easy way to play around with color! I think I'll explore a few more of the designs using the same colors, I'll share if anything interesting appears.


Can't wait for this week, what a great lineup of posts.

Feather Your Nest is a month-long series here on Stumbles & Stitches focused on making things for our own homes. Along with featuring patterns, projects and guest posts, we're also having a sew/stitch-along and contest with amazing prizes! Make something for your own nest and get a chance to win. Check out all the details and sign up HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Angel, I love that you took the time to think about and actually determine your palette. That is so smart and is going to help you so much in decorating, making things for your home, etc.

    Your color choices are very "you", for sure! Great picks. I cannot wait for the Bella collection, either. I already have several plans for what I'm going to make with various prints!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...