Thursday, February 2, 2012

One Really Crappy Rose

By-Jenny2

Well, sometimes things don't exactly work out the way you envision them. I've been wanting to experiment with designs for my burlap art and thought I would try out a rose for Valentine's Day. I love roses.

Jenny: Crappy Rose

Ahem.

It's still a work in progress at this point, but I think I need to revisit the design and fabric choices. I might need to separate each petal so it stands on its own, instead of building layers and shading by overlapping the fabrics. Or... something. Sigh. I wish I had paid more attention in art class, this perspective business always gets me.

Jenny: Crappy Rose Jenny: Crappy Rose

I paid a visit to Google Images and found a few photos to help my re-direction. Back to the sketchbook. I'll let you know if I figure it out!

Jenny: Crappy Rose

What are you working on today? Any successes (or fails!) you'd like to share?

7 comments:

  1. You can totally keep that. Just don't call it a rose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! You are too kind. The problem is I have a specific idea of what it should look and feel like in my head, and the current implementation does not match that at all. I think I'm going to let it sit for a while before revisiting...

      Delete
  3. you can say i'm nuts, but i really like it. it's totally picasso :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Rachael, that's a very nice compliment! But I still am not happy with it, lol! I'll make sure and keep you all posted about what I end up making with it.

      Delete
  4. Well, as always I love the fabrics you chose! So wonderful that you are willing to take risks and try new things while keeping your standards high.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it, but if you're insistant that it look a bit more like a real rose, I think what's missing is the shading as the petals go toward the stem. And the highlight at the very tops of the petals. What about shading and highlighting with fabric paint or something similar?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...