Monday, February 6, 2012

On My Dining Room Table

By-Jenny2

Happy Monday! I am currently SWIMMING in works-in-progress. Too many ideas, not enough time... and too many kids, ha! I thought I would share a few pics of what has been occupying my dining room table this weekend.

Remember these and these? I got the urge to play with scraps on Friday and began experimenting with the makings of a few pouches.

Jenny: Current WIPs

Jenny: Current WIPs

This next one is a gift that's been in the works for months. I took it out of my WIP box this weekend to motivate myself to just finish it already! When it is done, I will tell you the story behind it, it's kind of cool. Can you guess what that embroidered fabric is? (Ugh, that wonky stitch is coming out asap, it's driving me nuts every time I look at the photo.)

Jenny: Current WIPs

Speaking of wonky, I finally assembled the top of a Wonky Stripe Table Runner that I cut before Christmas, when I made this custom order for Deia. This one will be in my shop when it's done. I know they've been around for a while, but I like these painterly Lanterns by Laura Gunn so much! I think this print pairs extremely well with linen, I am in love with the contrast.

Jenny: Current WIPs

And I'm currently laundering a whole bunch of new fabrics I just purchased from our lovely sponsor Drygoods Design Online. Here's the first batch waiting to be ironed. There's some Echo in there, some Botanika, some scallop and I snagged the last half-yard of this GORGEOUS print that will most likely become a pillow for our living room. And there's more, darker stuff (grey! charcoal! navy!) in the dryer right now. Whee!!

Jenny: Current WIPs

What are some of your works-in-progress right now? I'd love to hear about what you're making!

4 comments:

  1. just finished a mug rug for myself. also in midst of making all alternate pinwheel blocks for 4 starry night quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, all sound like fun projects! I have yet to attempt pinwheel blocks...

      Delete
  2. Oh, that Botanika Chevron is beautiful! Love it. I am working on a bunch of stuff too, for a craft show this weekend. Felted acorns, bird nests with eggs, mushroom houses, ornaments.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the 2nd cut of Botanika Chevron I've purchased, I zipped through the first one! It's such a beautiful modern design.

      I can't wait to see everything you're working on, sounds great!

      Delete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...