Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lovely Hearts

By-Jenny2

Hello there!

I am not usually one to be inspired by Valentine's Day. I tend to find this holiday commercial and kind of cheesy -- or maybe I still hold some resentment from my lonely single days! In any case, this year has been different and I've embraced the kitshy red-hearts-for-everyone lovey-dovey aspects of V-day. Ben and I made some Valentine's decorations and I created some artwork for my shop. I thought I would share some photos with you!

Last week we had a crafty playdate with friends and made needle-felted heart ornaments. Angel, we used your tutorial but since the kids were involved, we skipped the embroidery. This was such a fun project! And with a lot of supervision and reminders about the sharp needles, the kids (aged 4.5-7) did great!

Jenny: Valentine's Day Stuff

Yesterday, since Henry was sick and we had to cancel our playgroup plans, Ben and I worked on a heart garland while his little bro was napping. We selected all the red and pink fabric scraps from my scrap bin, as well as red and fuchsia felt, and we got to work! It's really hard to get a good photo of the finished garland which is hanging in the middle of our apartment but it turned out great!! I'll post more about it next week with some how-to tips.

Jenny: Valentine's Day Stuff

And I finished those 3 burlap art pieces for my shop. You can read more about them on my website and find 2 of them still listed on Etsy. It was fun to work with smaller scale pieces. Birdies and hearts, what's not to love?

Jenny: Valentine Day Burlap Art

Jenny: Valentine Day Burlap Art

Jenny: Valentine Day Burlap Art

And speaking of hearts... Look at what my sweet boy picked up for me outside the other day. "Mommy, I love you. That's why I give you a rock shaped like a heart." Aw, melt my heart, why don't you?

Jenny: Valentine's Day Stuff

What do you have cooking for Valentine's Day? Any cute or fun crafts? Making Valentines for exchanging at school is next on our list, but we might just go with printing out some cute downloads. What about you, are you making Valentines with your kids this year?

PS: If you haven't yet, go enter our fabulous giveaway in celebration of 1,000 Facebook friends!

6 comments:

  1. I like the way you bordered the backing on the burlap. I stitched mine up but worry about it raveling, great idea.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, thank you! I think the border actually adds to the whole look of the piece, don't you? It was fun to pick a coordinating color and print. And yes, it definitely helps prevent the burlap from fraying and coming apart. I would love to see the burlap artwork you've made!!

      Delete
  2. I love the two birdies on a branch.....and the heart shaped rock....awwwwwwww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEEELP!
    i need your heart garland tips NOW!!
    I kinda volunteered myself to supply this craft for my daughters Valentines Day party at school!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, I responded to you via email (as you know by now!), but I wanted to make sure I acknowledged your comment here too. ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...