Thursday, February 16, 2012

Grey + Linen

By-Jenny2

Hi Angel! I hope you're well. How is the remodeling progressing on the house? You must be so antsy to move back and settle in (and set up your new studio space, ha!). I can't wait to see the things you made for the craft show where you had a booth last weekend, hint hint!

In the meantime, I wanted to show you a spur-of-the-moment project I've been working on. I need some input and ideas!

Jenny: Grey + Linen

Grey is my favorite color lately. Blame it on Seattle... as well as the amazing fabrics currently available everywhere featuring that muted and versatile color. I've been on a mission to finish a well-overdue gift for a friend (more on that soon!!) and I wanted it to feature a combination of greys and linen.

Jenny: Grey + Linen

I pulled out all my grey fabrics and cut strips of various widths that I sewed together. The project came together nicely, here's a sneak peek. I will share all the details once it has reached its recipient...

Jenny: Grey + Linen

After assembling the fabric pieces for the gift, I was left with several triangles of grey strips and linen. I decided to sew them together yesterday, to make squares. I had made coasters along the same design for my shop and love the diagonal seam between the linen and print. I think the patchwork adds even more to it.

Jenny: Grey + Linen

Jenny: Grey + Linen

I added a charcoal border to the smallest square since it was much smaller than the others. Oh how I wish I had paid more attention to matching up the seams, the wonky corners are now ALL I can see.

Jenny: Grey + Linen

Jenny: Grey + Linen

The beauty of such a spur-of-the-moment idea is that it's creativity at its best. However, I now have 4 squares of various sizes featuring this combo. I love the look of it but I have no clue what to make with them. Well, that's not true. I have several ideas, but none of them are grabbing me. SO, I would love your input!

Jenny: Grey + Linen

Jenny: Grey + Linen

What would you make with these squares? Would you make one project involving them all or would you split them up? Would you make something practical or decorative? Tell me, tell me.

5 comments:

  1. They might make a nice pillow cover. Not very inspired, I know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the linen...love the colors. Hmmm...I would make a mug rug, a hot pad/pot holder, a pencil case or crochet hook case and a pillow for my lil girls dolly :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, the prints are great together! I love gray too, it's one of my new favorite colors (along with navy). Looks like two of the squares are almost identical, right? With one being a bit smaller? I would be tempted to keep going with this theme, a little at a time when you have scraps in the same color family, and make a bigger blanket or quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I love all these ideas, keep 'em coming! I am taking notes, and will probably let these blocks sit for a while before deciding what to make with them... I'll be sure and keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love negative space in quilts Jenny...im not sure how big these blocks are, but i could see negative space with pebble quilting and a bright, bold binding....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...