Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Getting Things Done...

By-Jenny2

Hello friend! Time keeps slipping by in fast-forward, it seems. I've been meaning to post a little update for days and just can't find a moment. Right this minute, I have one kid down for nap, one kid "reading" to himself in the living room, loads of laundry churning and a cup of reheated coffee in front of me. Time to steal a few minutes and show you what I've been up to!

Mostly, I've been busy working on stuff for my shop on Etsy and finishing a custom order. The items for my shop are patchwork pouches (I showed you the WIPs a couple of weeks ago). I'm pretty happy with how they turned out! I especially love the green and purple ones with the contrasting linings and charcoal zippers, I think I'll make more.

Jenny: Patchwork Pouches

Jenny: Patchwork Pouches

Jenny: Quilted Patchwork Pouches

Jenny: Quilted Patchwork Pouches

If you're interested, you can see more photos on my website and on Flickr, as well as in my shop.

I also finished that Wonky Stripe Table Runner with the striking Laura Gunn lantern fabric and love how it turned out!

Jenny: Wonky Stripes Table Runner

Jenny: Wonky Stripes Table Runner

And finally -- and I can't show you the whole thing yet! -- I completed a custom piece of burlap art for a very loyal customer's anniversary. I am SO happy with how it turned out and as soon as she and her husband have had a chance to open it, I will share more photos and details... Can't wait! In the meantime, here's a little glimpse.

Jenny: Custom Burlap Art for Anniversary

Oh, before I hit "publish", lookie what I got in the mail last week:

felt

This is a sample pack of 100% wool felt from Janet at Felt On The Fly. What a lovely surprise that was!! I know you got one too, Angel. What are you going to make with it? I cannot wait to try it out!!

It was nice to get things done, but I still have SO much on my sewing to-do list. Since my hubby is going to be out of town for a few days (and might get to see you guys, I'm so jealous!), there will hopefully be some crossing off of to-do items happening around here! On the list: project from and review of this book, progress on the wedding quilt, progress on some embroidery, and much much more. Sigh.

Oh boy, gotta run, Ben is now chasing the cat around the apartment and laughing his evil I-didn't-take-a-nap-and-have-entered-the-demon-zone laugh. AAAH! Smooches to you and the kids, dear Angel. Been thinking about you!

What are you working on these days? What's on your crafty to-do list? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...