Tuesday, January 31, 2012

More Baby Gifts


Good morning! As I try to write this, I have a rambunctious 14-month-old running around the dining room, throwing toys and torturing the cat. At least the other one is at preschool, ha! Let's see if I can focus long enough to write a post...

While going through the folder of project photos on my computer, I realized I never showed you the baby gifts I made before the holidays. We had 4 (FOUR!) babies join our circle of friends in the late fall of 2011. I decided to make the ever practical and popular gift of bibs and burp cloths to welcome these little ones.

Jenny: More Bibs and Burp Cloths

I picked modern, non-baby fabrics for these, and loved how they turned out! Some of the fabric choices were inspired by Keli, owner of our sponsor shop Drygoods Design Online (where I actually purchased most of these fabrics). Did you know she hand-makes items for sale too? Check out her shop Bread & Salt, I love her modern take on classic gifts.

I hammered these out assembly-line style, following that same bib pattern by Chickpea Studio I'd used previously. This is such a simple straightforward project and the result is so cute, I love it.

Jenny: More Bibs and Burp Cloths

I did have an issue with every single one of my bibs, the fabric puckered in the spot where the top-stitching ended and closed the opening. I'm not sure why, I probably should have been more careful when pinning my fabrics...?

Jenny: More Bibs and Burp Cloths

I paired these bibs and burp cloths with favorite board books and a little card, and off they went to their brand new recipients!

For Karina (I skipped the burp cloths for this one):

Jenny: More Bibs and Burp Cloths

For Leo:

Jenny: More Bibs and Burp Cloths
For Max:

Jenny: More Bibs and Burp Cloths
For Leah:

Jenny: More Bibs and Burp Cloths
I love making baby gifts so much. I think I've mentioned this before. It's such a sweet process, thinking about the new life that is about to begin, and the treat the new parents are in for. Speaking of which... Henry has been desperately trying to get into my office supplies drawers and is repeating "No. No. No!" right back at me. I better go and pay some attention to my little guy!

I hope you have a fabulous Tuesday. What are some of your favorite baby gifts to make? Have you successfully used "non-baby" modern fabrics to make baby gifts?

Oh and dear readers, before I forget: do you "like" us on Facebook? We're a few numbers away from 1,000 fans and when we reach that milestone, we're having a great giveaway by Drygoods Design Online to celebrate!!



7 comments:

  1. So cute, I really like the wave print that's orange pink and blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! The fabric is called Caitlin Stripe by Alexander Henry. It's out of stock now but here's the link: http://www.drygoodsdesignonline.com/products/caitlin-stripe-by-alexander-henry.

      Delete
  2. I love the baby gifts you made, just precious. Just found out my bestie is having a GIRL!!! I'm so excited I've screamed so much I think I've scared the poor dog - I could make something like this for her, I know she'd love handmade. Hugs ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, and LOL about the poor dog! You can't go wrong with this gift, it's so practical. Every single baby on earth spits up milk, ya know? ;) Yay for babies!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love your taste in fabric so much! They are so, so cute. Almost makes me want to get pregnant again! (Not. NOT!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You crazy woman! My taste in fabric is making you want to get pregnant? I can't stop laughing. Sounds like someone may have the baby bug again... xoxo

      Delete
  4. I am in love with the burp cloths!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...