Well, hello! And welcome to my first Link Love post of the year! It has been far too long since we've done one of these. There's already been so much great stuff out there in 2012 -- in the blogosphere, on Flickr, on Etsy, on Pinterest... Let's see if I can share a few latest favorites.
- Have you seen Maureen Cracknell's incredible improv quilt block? I read a comment somewhere that said "it's like painting with fabric" and that's pretty much how I feel. So inspiring!
Photo by Maureen Cracknell
- My friend Rachael at Imagine Gnats has been kicking all kinds of butt with creativity and productivity lately. This week, she posted a tutorial for her awesome and modern chevron pillow design.
Photo by Rachael Gander
Rachael is a talented illustrator and recently shared a Valentine's Day free download. (She's also working on an embroidery pattern which promises to be adorable, stay tuned!)
Image from Imagine Gnats
- Stitched in Color is hosting a Scrap Attack Quilt-Along. I wish I had some free time to join in. My scrap bin is madly overflowing. I can't wait to see all the awesome quilts!
- One of my favorite Etsy discoveries recently is Blue Hour Design, modern and eco-friendly silver jewelry handmade in Boulder, Colorado. I love the earthy designs! (Do you hear that, husband?)
Photo by Blue Hour Designs
- Made by Rae has been hosting a series of interviews about sewing with knits, cleverly called The Kniterviews. I need some time to myself to go read these in depth and get over my reluctance of sewing with knits!
- One of the best things about having a blog is "meeting" readers and other bloggers, particularly those who are crafty and creative! Recently, I discovered Elnora's Flickr stream -- she does very cute work with patchwork and stitches.
Photo by elnorac on Flickr
I also recently connected with loyal reader Deia, a college friend of my husband's who writes a great little blog called Ducklings in a Row -- and I never put the pieces together until a couple of months ago! She's a very productive knitter and crocheter (is that a word?), among other crafty endeavors.
- While I'm sharing links, I thought I would shamelessly plug Angel's and my Etsy shops which were opened late in 2011, in case you didn't hear!
Angel's shop is called Demeter Rising Designs and she sells beautiful and unique felted and stitched items.
My shop is Jenny Bartoy ~ Handmade Designs and features housewares and accessories combining linen and prints, as well as burlap art made with upcycled coffee sacks (you can also find me on Facebook).
Do you have links to share? Please let us know in the comments! Have a wonderful weekend and see you next week with new projects and tutorials!!