Friday, November 18, 2011

Surfacing... And Some Button Pouches

By-Jenny2

Well hello there! Sorry I've been M.I.A. this week. There has been sickness in the house, and for once, I've been sicker than everyone else, which has sucked! There has also been craziness in the house: I had a big custom holiday order due in the mail yesterday (I washed my hands a lot, don't worry). Throw in the usual amount of sleep deprivation and two-small-children-in-need-of-attention shenanigans. Stir. And you get one overwhelmed, pooped out mama!

I've missed this place though and have so many things to share! I've been cranking out a bunch of stuff for the Etsy shop, both because the holidays are coming and I would like it somewhat stocked, and because I am on inspiration overload lately. Too. Many. Ideas. But, I should backtrack a little and show you the birthday gift I finally finished for my mom.

Jenny: Button Pouches

My mom's birthday is on July 26. I'm a little bit late, ahem. Originally, I wanted to make her a pocket pouch, using jute upholstery tape as an embellishment somehow. I got stuck on that idea and couldn't figure out how to make it work. I shelved it for a while, then decided to use linen instead and to round up the bottom and add some darts, a little bit like that clutch.

Jenny: Button Pouches Jenny: Button Pouches

I was really happy with how it turned out (the photos don't do it justice, linen is so hard to photograph!) so I traced the pattern for keeps and made a bunch more for my shop!

Jenny: Button Pouches

Jenny: Button Pouches Jenny: Button Pouches

Jenny: Button Pouches

Jenny: Button Pouches Jenny: Button Pouches

Jenny: Button Pouches

I think that navy one at the top might be my favorite. It is made with two prints from Lotta Jansdotter's new Echo line. I LOOOOOOVE it. I love it so much that I bought the whole collection in fat quarters from Alewives Fabrics, the first place where I saw it available. I never make such impulse purchases, but since I love every single print, I know it will be put to good use (I have plans for table runners, e-reader and laptop cases, coaster sets, and more using this fab collection). I saw that our sponsor Fat Quarter Shop has it in stock now, and Keli, owner of our other sponsor Drygoods Design, told me she's expecting it at the beginning of the year. FYI. I've taken note because I'll most likely be getting some more, ha!

Anyway. I'd better stop here and get back to cleaning my house. Our floors were reacquainted with that thing called a vacuum cleaner last night after I finally finished and mailed off that custom order. I am too ashamed to fess up to how long it had been. All right. I'm off to transform my studio back into a dining room!

How have YOU been? What are you making? Have you started the holiday gift creation process yet? Let's chat in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. Your pocket pouches are beautiful, love each of the fabrics you chose to go with linen. Wanted to ask you why I can't link to your Etsy shop from the link you have within this post - is it me? (It usually is :) Thanks,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mary! I fixed the link, I hadn't done it properly, thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you're feeling better! we missed you :) and when i saw that last picture, my first thought was, "ooh! echo!" fabric dorks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch out, I've got my eye on that blue one myself! I might need to buy it before someone else does.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys, thank you for the love. Starting to feel better and see the light at the end of this tunnel of sickness. It's going to be a mellow, hunkered down weekend.

    And yes, we are fabric dorks, but that Echo line is seriously gorgeous. I am loving this latest trend of hand-printing inspired fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. agreed on the fabrics trend. i'm thinking about (eventually) making some stuff on spoonflower based off of the handprinted fabrics i made. we'll see if that happens...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachael, that is a GREAT idea!! Those adorable whales would be a big hit, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...