Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sneak Peek!

By-Jenny2

Launching an Etsy shop is way more time consuming than I had ever imagined. I keep pushing off my opening date. I think I should finally be able to launch it by this weekend. I think. Don't quote me on this.

I am so excited though, I wanted to show you what I've been working on! So here's a little sneak peek. Let me know what you think!!

Jenny Bartoy Handmade Designs: Sneak Peek!

Jenny Bartoy Handmade Designs: Sneak Peek!

Jenny Bartoy Handmade Designs: Sneak Peek!

Jenny Bartoy Handmade Designs: Sneak Peek!

Jenny Bartoy Handmade Designs: Sneak Peek!

Jenny Bartoy Handmade Designs: Sneak Peek!

As you can tell, I am focusing on fabric art right now, and mostly burlap art -- working with upcycled coffee bags. I love this medium! I am still figuring out my style and honing my skills, so these early pieces are experimental for the most part. I am starting to find my groove though. Here are my two latest pieces, very seasonal, which is why I can't put off opening much longer!

Jenny Bartoy Handmade Designs: Sneak Peek!

Jenny Bartoy Handmade Designs: Sneak Peek!

I am so nervous to get your feedback. Do you have a favorite? I hope you like my stuff! And please cross your fingers that I can go live sooner than later.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the pink fabric with the white tree and leaves so much! And the grouping of pumpkins is awesome. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't pick a favorite....They are ALL FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the texture of the burlap shows through on the pumpkins! I wish I could see it in real life too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely fabulous- i love the 2nd pumpkin one. how much are you selling it for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I have two favorites? The first project with the blue bird in the tree. Love the fabrics you used for it!
    And, the lonely pumpkin. Very fancy and lovely oranges!
    Don't be nervous about your work! It's beautiful. Good luck with the opening of your etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like it?? I love your stuff!!! Most especially the pumpkins!! They're gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all amazing, but I have two favorites - the white on burlap, and the pumpkin on burlap - just love it! BTW I've been making felt Christmas ornaments using my Alewives fabric for the trim - so much fun!

    Mary @ Redo 101

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh! i'm in love with them all :) yay for you... looks like the customers are lining up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thank you all SO MUCH!! I really appreciate the encouragement.

    Courtney -- I am still working out the pricing, trying to be fair in terms of the costs of labor, design, materials, but also realistic. It's difficult!! I should have it all figured out within a couple of days. The large pumpkin piece (with the 3 pumpkins) will be stretched onto 12 x 12 inches wood bars and finished on the back with a wire for hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have made some pieces on burlap, but love how you use the old coffee bags, gives it a wonderful background for your art pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you have found your style!! What lovely pieces! Go forth with confidence!!! Love, LOVE your work!!!!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all beautiful! I look forward to finding your shop on etsy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...