Saturday, August 13, 2011

Link Love: A Little Bit of Seattle

By-Jenny2

Happy weekend! We haven't done an episode of Link Love in a while and I thought I would pick things up with a Seattle edition. There are lots of bloggers and online shops located in Seattle and I've found many cool ones since I've lived here.

- You probably know Megan of Not Martha, she's been blogging for a while. She makes all kinds of nifty stuff and shares tutorials so you can make it too!


Dahlia Brooch from Not Martha

- I have known of Pink Chalk Fabrics for a while, but only recently found out that they're in Bainbridge Island nearby! They stock great fabrics, go check it out! The Pink Chalk Studio blog is always busy and inspiring. They recently ran the fabulous "Where I Sew" series.

- Dottie Angel is a British crafter/artist located near Seattle. She makes gorgeous aprons, bags, garlands, cushions and more using vintage items, doilies, crochet and more. Really cute stuff and she's funny to boot.


Dottie Angel photo from Dottie Angel

- Blair Stocker has been blogging at Wise Craft for many years. She's quite well known and has been featured all over the net and in various publications. Browse her website for "crafting how-to's and tutorials", "how-to's from the kitchen", "creating with kids", and more.

- Sew Katie Did is a favorite blog among quilters, and I can see why. Katie is so talented and her blog is full of original, scrappy, modern inspiration. She's also the nicest lady ever and invited me to join the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild. I'm so excited but have yet to attend a meeting (blame my babies...).


Opposing Triangles from Sew Katie Did

- I recently contacted Amy at Quixotic Pixels to discuss a pants pattern I was thinking of making and found details about on her blog. Check out all the clothing she makes. It's definitely inspiring me to be a bit more adventurous when it comes to sew clothes!

- I "met" Drygoods Design Online through Twitter, then realized owner Keli is right here in Seattle, in fact minutes from where I live! Drygoods Design sells gorgeous fabrics as well as beautiful modern handmade goods for home and baby.


Drygoods Design Online

- And last but not least, I bet you know about Make and Takes. Founder and editor Marie LeBaron curates and writes about a variety of craft projects, kid crafts, recipes and more. She and her family recently moved to the Pacific Northwest, so I thought I would include her in my little round-up!

I hope you enjoyed this little (tiny!) glimpse of the craft world in Seattle. Did I forget a blog or shop you love? Let me know in the comments!

Today is the last day to enter the giveaway for Craft Challenge: Dozens of Ways to Repurpose Scarves. It's a fun book! Go read my review and leave a comment for a chance to win.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Jenny! So happy to find Drygoods Design, what a treasure. See you soon right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie! Isn't Drygoods Design awesome? I love the fabric she selects, as well as the stuff she makes. She has a great eye.

    I really hope to make it to one of the next Guild meetings, I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for adding me to your round up! I'm thrilled to be here in the PNW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie! You're very welcome! Isn't Seattle awesome? I love living here too... especially in the 3 weeks worth of summer we're currently enjoying! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny,

    Your Not Martha link takes me to a site to buy CD's, not notmartha.org.
    Thought you should know.

    Katya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woops! Just fixed it. Thanks so much for letting me know, Katya. On the plus side, I just discovered a new band named Not Martha, who knew? The link should work properly now, I apologize for the error.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...