Monday, August 22, 2011

Better Late Than Never!

By-Jenny2

I know, I know, we're well past Christmas in July by this point but I finally finished my ornaments last week and thought I would show you the final result. I only worked on these at night in front of the TV, so it was slow-going, but little by little, they got done!

Jenny: Beaded Ornaments

I am SO happy with the way they turned out. I love them! I love the colors, the beads, the stitching, all of it. And no, they are by no means perfect. Goodness, my embroidery skills need a lot of work! My blanket stitch around the edge is totally uneven, the beading is so wonky, I could go on. But it doesn't matter, I'm so pleased I got these done and can't wait to see them on the Christmas tree in December!

I was planning on hanging these on the pine tree in my front yard for a little photo shoot but it's raining today (for the first time in weeks, I can't complain), so I hung them on the plant hooks above my windows instead. Here they are!

Jenny: Beaded Ornaments

Jenny: Beaded Ornaments

Jenny: Beaded Ornaments

To refresh your memory, these were made with the patterns for Felt Flora and Merry Little Ornaments by Cathy Ziegele from the awesome book Fa La La La Felt. Lark Crafts is sharing these patterns with us and you can download them here.

Jenny: Beaded Ornaments

What do you think of my beaded ornaments? Have you made progress on your Christmas stuff? Can't wait to hear and see!

10 comments:

  1. Super cute! I have visions of 100% handmade christmas tree ornaments. Some day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your ornaments. It so makes me want to get back to the project you led in July. I made the circles ... then gave up. Since then I have purchased a compass (for homeschool) and decided one could make very awesome circles of varying sizes using that. Well, except it's pencil and probably wouldn't show up. See? But I am seriously in love with these ornaments, and I so want to make the birds, still. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. 40 years ago I made beautiful felt ornaments and love getting them out every year and remembering making them way back then. Yours will be like that...family treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! I didn't even think about these being around for years to come and now I'm even happier I made them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've inspired me to make some of these, they are so cute! Great colors and I love the little bit of sparkle that the beads add.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny these look so wonderful! I love the colors you chose, the three ornaments really go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you thank you! :)

    Poppy, I was thinking the same thing about the sparkle. I think they'll look neat when reflecting the Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well these look great, did you make them yourself? I would have to get some of these for our christmas tree this year, lights are so boring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer the "imperfect" look myself!!!! Love these!!!! Where is the cheapest place to get the wool felt? (usually, you have to buy bulk or in yardage. I'd love to get some for these smaller projects.

    Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Teri! Thanks for your comment. For wool felt, we love A Child's Dream Come True (www.achildsdream.com), they've got an amazing selection and you can purchase wool felt by the sheet for a reasonable price. Other places to check out are Feltorama and Prairie Point Junction.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...