Thursday, July 28, 2011

More Ornament Progress...

By-Jenny2

Hi Angel!

I loved seeing your ornaments in progress! It looks like we're moving forward at about the same speed. With my mom coming back through town to celebrate her birthday a few days ago, and then Ben's 4th birthday celebration yesterday, it's been a crazy week. My Little Birds Garland is close to done though.

Jenny: Fa La La La Felt Ornaments

After stuffing and finishing one bird, I decided to do the rest assembly line-style. I'm doing the blanket stitch around them all, then will stuff them all, then will finish them all and tie them into a garland. I didn't know how to do a blanket stitch before this project and am so glad I learned! I love this look.

Jenny: Fa La La La Felt Ornaments

I'm hoping to have a finished garland to show before July is over... Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, I've picked my colors for the Felt Flora and Merry Little Ornaments. I LOVE these designs by Cathy Ziegele so much and can't wait to try my hand at the beading.

Jenny: Fa La La La Felt Ornaments

The color schemes revolve around the aqua/blue seed beads I bought at the fabric store.

Jenny: Fa La La La Felt Ornaments

Aqua is one of my favorite colors lately, and one of the main colors in my existing Christmas ornaments. I thought it would be a fun way to tie these in. I think these ornaments would also make great little Christmas gifts!

How's everybody doing with their ornaments? I can't wait to see them. Please post in our Christmas in July Flickr pool when you have some to show! And don't forget to enter the giveaway by Alewives Fabrics if you haven't yet!!

2 comments:

  1. Aren't they so pretty? I love the range of blues.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...