Friday, May 27, 2011

Link Love Friday!

By-Angel

Hello all! What a crazy week. You may have heard already, but we had some intense storms in my neighborhood on Tuesday morning. Maybe I'll tell the rest of the story another time, but for now, here's a couple of photos of the tree that fell onto my house around 4:30 am:

DSC_3571
(Everyone has a VW bus in their backyard, right?)

DSC_3569

Quite ironic that while Jenny was working tirelessly on the fundraiser for the Alabama tornado victims, I was dealing with my own storm-induced drama! Luckily we just suffered some minor damage, small hole in the roof, damaged siding, and some crushed garden plants. But sitting in that closet (again) with the kids, scared half to death, hearing (and feeling the house shake from) the tree falling on the roof, I have a new sense of appreciation for everyone that has suffered from these amazingly powerful Spring storms we've been having.

So, posting for me has been light, I have a ton of other things going on too. But there's always time to share a few links! Creative and crafty endeavors relax me, looking at beautiful things is an escape for me. So I love sharing these inspirations with y'all every other week.

Angry Chicken, saying exactly what I needed to hear (and some cute dish towels too!)

5690357419_0cf3ba0203

How to: Surprise Ball (great for birthday parties!) from my friend Mimi (aka Shiso Mama)

123-sew

I got my copy of 1-2-3 Sew! in the mail today (I pre-ordered it 6 months ago!), I can't wait to dive into the projects! The drawings inside are wonderful, and there are patterns for everything from pillows to headbands to stuffies. Way to go Ellen! (No secret that The Long Thread is one of our faves.)

Watercolors to go from One Golden Apple (via Crafty Crow)

5755862532_a339387976_o

Waiting (and saving up) for these wonderful, beautiful, amazing new embroidery threads from Anna Maria Horner. (And wondering if I can commit to hand-quilting my giant quilt, I really, really want to!)

And finally, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all your donations, and THANK YOU to the wonderful folks that donated prizes for the raffle. Everything you see on the blog is a team effort between me and Jenny, to varying degrees. But I gotta tell you, Jenny did the lion's share of the work for the raffle, and I am SO proud of her! I am SO thrilled by not only meeting our first goal, but meeting and exceeding our second goal of $3000. Truly amazing. Jenny, you ROCK!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you experienced only minor damage.

    Love reading through your blog! Thanks for all the fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, Angel, those photos! I'm glad to hear you and your family are doing ok (and hopefully the chickens and bees survived too). It must've been pretty scary. And congrats to you guys for raising all that money!! You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...