It's Friday! Yay for the weekend!
In the mood for some new fabrics and perhaps a few kid-friendly project patterns? Go enter our latest giveaway. Lark Crafts is giving away a copy of Sew Tina! and Rhea of Alewives Fabrics has assembled a gorgeous Pomegranate Fat Quarter set, just for you. Go enter here. 2 days left!
Before I jump into my links for the week, let me share my latest obsession: Pinterest!
Have you guys signed up yet? It is awesome, such an efficient way to bookmark favorite things for visual people. It's wonderfully collaborative too. I love the online community aspect of sharing inspiration like this. Look us up (Jenny and Angel), we'd love to follow you too.
All right, here are my links!
- VeryPurplePerson posted the lovely backpack she made from the "A Day in the Park Backpack Tote" pattern from Liesl & Co. Too bad it's out of print, I love this concept!
- Check out these cool Rolling Pin Stamps by Alisa Burke. Smart idea! I'd love to try this out for gift wrapping paper or maybe printing my own fabric.
Photo by Alisa Burke
- Hawthorne Threads is having a contest for best project made with the Hope Valley line by Denyse Schmidt, go vote here. I love this line so much, may need to splurge on some before it is out of stock everywhere...
- Fabric designer Jessica Levitt has a book coming out: Modern Mix, 16 Sewing Projects that Combine Designer Prints & Solid Fabrics. Very curious to check this one out, mixing fabrics is an area of sewing that poses a lot of challenges for me
- I just pinned celery stamps on Pinterest, and look at what I found this morning: beautiful celery rose prints by Allisa at Quiltish, with a tutorial.
Photo by Allisa Jacobs
- Have you seen this gorgeous Linen & Lace Runner by Melanie of A Sewing Journal for The Long Thread? I've said it before but I'll say it again: if you don't have Melanie's blog on your feed reader, add it now! Best source of inspiration ever!
All right, I'm off to the fabric store to stock up on supplies for a special project that I'll share next week. We've got a fun theme planned, make sure and come visit!
What are you all up to this weekend? I hope it's a wonderful one!