Friday, April 8, 2011

Links!

By-Jenny2

Happy Friday! I have so many links to share with you today, I think I'll jump right in.

- Betz White just released a new organic collection of home decor fabric: Mod Max. Earthy and modern!


- Here's a nice treasury of Etsy items and shops whose proceeds go to Japan earthquake relief

- And here's Handmadeoloy's Top 10 Japan Disaster Relief Etsy Items

- Have I posted these before? These lovely Bohemian Poppies Bins made with Wool Fabric popped up in my "you may like this" Etsy sidebar. Love them!


- Melanie at A Sewing Journal continues to wow me with the beautiful inspiration she finds all over the web. Check out this awesome quilt and this post about simple patchwork! If you don't have A Sewing Journal on your reader yet, go add her now, you won't be sorry!

- Cool series about the making of a quilt by One Flew Over, all about the process of quilt-making.

- Super cute "simple skirt, simple tutorial" over at Made. Dana once again impresses me with her productivity, fun fabric choices and great photography! (...and makes me wish I had a daughter to sew for...)

- I apparently have been living under a rock but I recently discovered the blog Stitched in Color and love her use of, you guessed it, color. Definitely will be visiting that one often!

* * *

I also wanted to do a little round-up of our Spring Runner Sew-Along participants, many of whom have blogged about their progress:

- Clare of Summerfete showed us her fabric choices then wrote about her progress.
- Brie of Little Creatable tweeted this photo of her beautiful runner in progress.
- Sasha aka One Rich Mother blogged her fabric choices here. Sasha has 7 kids, people! I'm so impressed she finds time to sew and blog!
- Lisa at My Artful Life showed us her bright fabric selections.
- Hannah of Heartbreak Homestead wrote about her plans and process for her runner's patchwork.
- Carol the Pleasant Quilter has already finished her runner!
- Emily dished about her Spring Fling.
- Bonnie at Hands and Home introduced the project to her readers here.
- Lara did a lovely job with a quadruple zigzag, you can read all about it here.

You can find blogs for many of the other participants in the sidebar. Looking forward to seeing what everyone will create! (I sure hope I didn't forget anyone in my round-up! Please let me know in the comments if I did and I'll edit the post! Also, the order of links is random.)

If you haven't joined the Sew-Along and want to find out more, head on over to the first post here. You have until April 12 to join. The deadline for submission of a final runner photo is April 19. Still plenty of time!!

Okay, let's stop here for today! What fun and crafty plans do you all have this weekend? We'll have friends in town, so there will be lots of running around and probably not too much crafting or sewing. Hope you all have a great one!

PS: 2 days left to enter the giveaway of Big Little Felt Universe! 2 lucky winners will get a copy of the book, plus a $25 gift certificate to Felt-o-rama or Wool Felt Central. Go check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny! I just posted last night about my progress. Mine's all done, but I need to take a picture of my finished product in some light, which reminds me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lara, thanks for letting me know! Great post, and I love your square runner. I just added your post to the round-up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...