Friday, April 22, 2011

Link Love: Earth Day, Easter and More

By-Jenny2

It's Friday! It's Friday! Sorry I'm a little late with the links. My husband is off work today and was hogging the computer. (He's looking over my shoulder as I write this, ha!) Happy Earth Day, by the way! Do you guys have any fun plans to celebrate the earth? We did a spring cleaning volunteer project last weekend, picking up trash in a historic downtown neighborhood, and I think we'll work on our potted garden and clean up the yard for a bit this weekend. Sunshine is in the forecast, yeehaw!

Moving on...

- Our Spring Runner Sew-Along concluded this week with some fantastic entries. Remember to go vote for your favorite over in the sidebar! I love each and everyone of them so much, it will be hard to pick a winner.

- In case you missed it, I posted the tutorial for my Charming Baby Quilt yesterday. It's as quick and easy as a quilt can be. If some of you make it, I'd love it if you could report back on the clarity of my tutorial. Need feedback!

Charming Baby Quilt TITLE

My link love for the week...

- Nested fabric buckets tutorial by Whipstitch: neato!

- For last minute stitching, check out these adorable Easter egg embroidery patterns via Crafty Bird (aka Magpie Patterns)


Easter Eggs by Polka and Bloom

- I loved this "Tell a Story" treasury on Etsy. We've been practicing writing and tracing letters with Ben, and it's starting to affect my brain!

- Oh Martha... Make some super cute little bunny ears with felt and a glue gun!

- I like this idea by the uber-creative Alisa Burke: fabric scrap-covered Easter eggs!


Photo by Alisa Burke

- Look at this cool stuffed bunny made from a repurposed scarf, free project from Lark Crafts!

- And finally, I've posted about this on our Facebook page too, I recently got ahold of The Practical Guide to Patchwork by Elizabeth Hartman (of Oh Fransson!) from the library and it is amazing! I've already had several "a-ha!" moments which have considerably improved my approach to sewing and quilt-making. Definitely on the must-have list for me! The patterns are fantastic, too.


Have a great weekend! Happy Easter if you celebrate! I'm off to stock up on chocolate bunnies and other goodies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...