Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Progress on my Charming Baby Quilt

By-Jenny2

Hello there! Still under the weather in our casa, but I'm using this indoor time productively: to make progress on my latest baby gift, a quilt using the adorable Sherbet Pips fabric line.

I'm calling this one "Charming Baby Quilt" because it's my first time using a Charm Pack, and this fabric is just too, too cute. I've come up with a super simple pattern, which I can share when the quilt is done if you or our dear readers are interested (let me know in the comments, if you don't mind!).

So far, I've got the quilt top finished! Here it is.

Jenny: Charming Baby Quilt

It came together super easy and fast (if you don't count the 3-year-old and 4-month-old doing their best to interrupt my efforts!). I just sewed 4 charm squares together, 9 times.


Jenny: Charming Baby Quilt

I then added a solid border. (I'm obsessed with gray lately. I think Seattle's clouds are getting to me.)

Jenny: Charming Baby Quilt

I then added white sashing between my blocks and around the edges.

Jenny: Charming Baby Quilt

Done!

Jenny: Charming Baby Quilt
Jenny: Charming Baby Quilt

Here's my vision for the finished quilt. Rounded corners! We'll see how that goes...

Jenny: Charming Baby Quilt
Jenny: Charming Baby Quilt

For the backing and binding, I'm thinking pink, since the quilt is going to a little girl. Here are all the prints I found in my stash. I haven't made a decision yet. What do you think?

Jenny: Charming Baby Quilt

I hope to post the finished product very soon (next week? Fingers crossed.) Would you make a quilt using this pattern? What's your favorite baby- or kid-friendly fabric line these days?

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm not much of a commenter but I read all your posts! This is actually the first craft blog I ever really read. Anyways, I love the quilt! Its so cute. I've been thinking about trying to make a quilt for a while so I would like it if you did post the pattern. Also for the back I think the second one from the right (its floral)or the pink with the white polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I think you've done such a great job of the colours and the contrast! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the compliments! I'll be sure and post the pattern/tutorial for this simple quilt when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...