Friday, March 11, 2011

Link Love

By-Jenny2

I keep trying to work on this post and keep getting distracted by thoughts of Japan. I cannot begin to imagine the extent and reality of the devastation after this massive earthquake and tsunami. The pictures are just surreal -- though I'm sure the horror is quite the opposite for all going through it.

My words feel trivial, and posting links to pretty things seems a bit pointless and superficial right now. But, as I had already collected several links before today, I'll go ahead and post them in an effort to stay positive. Then I'll go hug my babies.

- Super cool retro screensaver clock via How About Orange

- I love these rounded corners by A Quilt Is Nice, totally doing this on my next quilt.

- Smart! A tutorial for contoured burp cloths by Cloud 9 Fabrics (she says, covered in baby spit-up)

- Can't wait to check this book out: Modern Basics by Amy Ellis. Every quilt photo I've seen on the blog tour has been gorgeous and apparently quite feasible.



- I saw this Wedding Ring Quilt by Story Quilt on Sew Mama Sew, it is stunning.

Update: if you feel as helpless as I do about the situation in Japan, here's a link with all kinds of options for donating and participating to the relief effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...