Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Show and Tell: New Jewelry!

By-Jenny2

I didn't get too many material gifts for Christmas, but I did receive 2 pieces of jewelry that I wanted to share with you! I wish I were showing you my latest project, but unfortunately the baby squirming on my lap begs to differ... So instead I will show you these handmade treasures!

My mom purchased some lovely aquamarine earrings for me at an artist showcase we browsed in my neighborhood when I was trying to go into labor. We walked twice around the whole space and twice I stopped in front of this jeweler's booth and fixated on those earrings. I just love how the silver wire wraps around the top of the stones. Plus, this color has become a favorite lately.

Jenny: Christmas Gifts
Jenny: Christmas Gifts


From my husband, I received a lovely necklace. Smarty pants that he is, he got the clue from my Etsy Favorites page or from the list of gift ideas I sent my family for our secret santa exchange. Either way, I was psyched. There is one large leaf charm representing the mother, and two smaller leaf charms representing children. Perfect, symbolic timing. I love it and wear it constantly. The designer is Elizabeth Scott and she makes "botanical jewelry". Go check out her Etsy shop, it's full of great stuff!


Jenny: Christmas Gifts


Short of receiving gifts handmade by my loved ones, I was thrilled to receive items handmade period. It was a wonderful Christmas! Did you receive any fun, crafty and/or handmade presents?

Angel-mini-button Jenny I love both of them!  The earrings are beautiful and the necklace reminds me of a favorite jewelry maker's work (Honeybee:  Amy Moore Designs), I have a pendant that is also heart shaped with the markings of a leaf on it.  This post is reminding me that the chain broke and I never replaced it, and I need to excavate it from the jewelry box right away!  

I am sad to report that I didn't get any handmade things for Christmas this year!  My sister Carol did make me a perpetual vanilla bottle, does that count?

1 comment:

  1. Great gifts, I think those are the best, simple but special. And absolutely love that necklace!! Will check that etsy shop right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...