Friday, January 14, 2011
by Jenny Bartoy
Happy Friday! How are you holding up in Nashville after a full week of snow days?! I hope you're hanging in there! We got a ton of snow on Tuesday evening, but it had turned to slush by morning and was pretty much all melted by afternoon due to rain rain rain...
But enough about the weather! There is so much going on in blog-land right now! I think everyone is getting busy with the beginning of the new year and posting about their newest, latest projects. I have a bunch of links to share with you!
- Very interesting read: "Why you should care that the cotton crop failed in China this year" by Deborah at Whipstitch
- Amanda aka Soulemama posted about the solstice sweaters she made for her two oldest sons -- I love them both! They're inspiring me to knit something for Ben for next winter!
- Check out these adorable "forest friends" slippers by felt queen Betz White. The PDF pattern is available for sale here.
- How's this for awesome: The Top 100 Tutorials of 2010 on The Long Thread
- Visit Red Pepper Quilts for some quilt inspiration, and make sure to enter the giveaway of Amy Butler's Soul Blossom fat quarters!
- I'm seeing fun projects with glass jars left and right. Here are some cute bird jars on Gennine's Art Blog
- Melanie of Modern Organic Fabrics has started a new blog called A Sewing Journal (check it out and bookmark it, it's great!). She recently posted about Laura Gunn's new collection for spring. Love!!
- Here's a neat tutorial to make a modern log cabin patchwork pillow, on Design Sponge.
- I love this Kaleidoscope quilt by Cluck Cluck Sew.
I had to restrain myself from posting about 20 more links. I have bookmarked and put stars next to SO many posts this week! Tons of inspiration for the new year! What cool stuff have you found online lately?
Labels: link love