Sunday, January 2, 2011
Crafty Resolutions Part 2
Happy New Year!
Thanks for inspiring me with your crafty resolutions yesterday. It got me thinking. I went and revisited last year's resolution and was half-pleased and half-disappointed to see that I stuck with about half of them. Then again, Henry was barely a thought when I wrote them. Who knew then I would be pregnant for the majority of the year and have a baby by Christmas-time?!
My general resolutions for 2011 are rather practical: get some sleep, keep my cool, lay off the chocolate. I can make all kinds of crafty resolutions for this new year, but realistically, I ought to keep them just as practical...
So, here's what I'm thinking:
1. Make stuff. Or in other words, find time and a way to sew, knit, paint, draw, glue, assemble, etc with a teeny, needy, lovely baby in tow.
Once this is under control, I can move on to my other resolutions:
2. Work on the new skills I didn't learn in 2010: needle-felt and knit cables, for starters, but also like you, I'd like to improve my existing skill set and learn how to properly do some things I've been winging. (I, too, got Stitch by Stitch for Christmas and it's exactly what I need to get my act together!)
3. Sell something I've made. If possible, open an Etsy shop. I have not given up on my burlap art idea. On the opposite, all this idle time nursing and tending to an infant has given my creativity ample opportunity to go cuckoo into overdrive. I've got tons of ideas. But eek, see resolution #1.
4. Make a dent in the stash, both fabric and yarn. Give some away.
5. Maintain a winning attitude toward crafting: be original, focus on the positive and have some fun.
I'd love to hear from our readers. What are your crafty resolutions for 2011? And, do you have tips for crafting and sewing with a baby in the mix?