Saturday, January 1, 2011

Crafty Resolutions: 2011

By-Angel

I can't believe it's been a year since we last did this!  Time has really flown by, hasn't it?

This year I have 5 crafty resolutions:

1. Improve my skill set!  Sewing skills I'd like to learn:  making a buttonhole, putting in a zipper, deciphering all the different feet and stitches my machine has.    I've ordered a copy of Stitch by Stitch to help me with this, thanks to my parents for the gift card!  I'd also like to continue working on my wet felting and needle felting techniques, I definitely see another playmat in my future!

2.  Find a local source for wool roving and begin learning to dye.  I'm sure I'll always buy some of my wool rovings from online sources, but I know there are folks selling it around Nashville and I'd love to support them. 

3.  Make things for myself (and my environment)!  I tend to focus on what I can make for others, I love giving gifts.  Poor planning or lack of time usually means I never have a chance to make anything for myself (or my home) and this year I want to change that!  I plan to tackle one room per month, evaluating what is needed and what I can make myself.  January is the bedroom!

4.  Create more original projects.  I want to take more risks, even if it means completely screwing up from time to time!  Sometimes I forget making things should be fun, so I want to spend more time enjoying the process instead of worrying about the end product.

5.  Crafting with community.  A group of friends plans to get together once a month to craft, we managed to squeeze in two get togethers before Christmas so I think we're off to a great start!  It's nothing complicated, just simple food and if you have a project to share you bring the supplies and instructions.  Fun!

I just looked at my crafty resolutions from last year, I think I did pretty well!  I really didn't buy that much in the way of new craft supplies (except fabric) and I used a lot of recycled and re-purposed materials.  #4 seems to be a recurring theme!

Readers, what are your crafty resolutions?  Or if you don't make resolutions, what do you hope 2011 holds for your creative life?

1 comment:

  1. I like your resolutions. I have a few that are similar, especially the wool roving, I would love to learn to do felting. :)

    This year would be an adventure, don't you think??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...