Happy Friday! The hubby has the day off and took Ben to the Seattle Aquarium for the morning, followed by fish n chips for lunch on the waterfront (don't you love the irony?). Anyway, here I am, alone with baby Henry... I think I'm going to hurry up and post these links, then head on out for a walk with the little dude in the wrap. What to do, what to do? Maybe the library or bookstore, a coffee shop and the neighborhood fabric shop? Sounds pretty good to me! Hope you have a great Friday and weekend!!
Here are my links for the week...
- I thought this quilt was so sweet, lovingly addressing a sad situation: made with hand-drawn squares by the classmates of a first-grader whose family lost everything in a house fire, by Artsy Crafty Babe
- Beautiful cowl by Snorka Knits, via Whip Up, who also posted a whole list of cowls in a Cowl Fever post. Who knew those were back in? I remember the navy blue one I wore obsessively in the late 80's!
- Beautiful mini-quilts over on Fashioned by Meg
- Speaking of quilts... Oh Fransson! has been posting a fascinating series on making improv quilt squares, with the gorgeous collection by Echino. I love this insight into talented Elizabeth's creative process.
- Go get your free PDF pattern for a reversible bucket bag on Sew Mama Sew (pic borrowed from Sew Mama Sew below)
- Cluck Cluck Sew just wrote about how to build a fabric stash. Great, straightforward advice. By the way, have you seen her collection of finished quilts? Insanely impressive!
- Here's a tutorial for a Child’s D-Ring Belt, by The Crafty Cupboard. I need to make a couple of those for Ben.
And that's about it! I have clearly been spending a lot of time browsing the blogs while nursing lately! Hope you enjoyed these links.