Friday, December 17, 2010

Yaya Knits

By-Jenny2

Whew! The 3-year-old is napping and the newborn is asleep in the carrier on my chest. A few minutes of free time, yahoo! I quickly wanted to post a couple of gratuitous baby photos, but also share some lovely knits that my Mom made for Henry. As you know, Yaya is super productive when it comes to knitting and sewing. Not only did she make Ben 3 awesome sweaters for the winter, when she arrived in Seattle a few days before Henry's birth, she had knitted 2 adorable little cardigans to welcome him.

They're both still a tiny bit big but that's okay, winter hasn't officially started yet!

Here's the first one, a lovely grey. That's Henry at 9 days old.

Yaya Knits
Yaya Knits

And here's the second one, a sweet blue-green. Do you recognize the pants? I love dressing Henry in Silas' clothes, it makes me think of you guys through the day! This is Henry at 18 days old.

Yaya Knits
Yaya Knits

It's crazy to see how much he's grown already! I can't wait for him to start smiling, these newborn photos are a bit too serious.

I believe the pattern for at least one of these cardigans is from Debbie Bliss's Baby Knits for Beginners. Here's a photo from the book. Maybe Yaya can chime in in the comments and correct me if I'm wrong.

Yaya Knits

I have a project of my own that I recently made from that book that I will try and post soon. I am itching to start a new knitting project but am short on time and energy these days. All right, I'm off to try and finish Henry's stocking before my 2 little dudes wake up. 3-2-1 GO!

Angel-mini-button Jenny, Henry is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen!  He's just perfect.  The sweater you knit for Silas last year still fits, and I love it so much.  I'll be sure to post a picture soon!  These two sweaters are definitely going in the "to do" file.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...