Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Progress...

By-Jenny2

Remember this project?

Jenny: Scrappy Squares Quilt Top

I finally made some progress on it! I had been on the lookout for flannel for a while, checking the flannel sales at my local fabric stores whenever I could and browsing the internet for something that would work. I finally found a polka dot flannel duvet cover set on super sale and purchased it. The background is white and the dots are large, in a color called "seafoam". It is a cross between forest green and teal, I like it.

The flannel is very nice quality and super soft, I was pleasantly surprised. Into the wash it went! I then cut a layer of batting and a layer of flannel to the size of my quilt top and started assembling the layers together.

Jenny: Scrappy Squares Quilt Progress

After ironing all 3 layers together, I basted the quilt sandwich with some safety pins. I am in dire need of MORE safety pins, I don't think I used enough to properly secure the layers together for quilting, but it will have to do for now.

Jenny: Scrappy Squares Quilt Progress

And then I began quilting. I don't have a walking foot for my machine, and this quilt is bulky. So, it has been a challenge. But square by square, I am getting it done.

Jenny: Scrappy Squares Quilt Progress

I am quilting with white cotton thread, about 1/8 inch on the inside edge of each "layer" of the block. So, there are 3 stitched squares for each quilt block. You can see how it's starting to look from the back.

Jenny: Scrappy Squares Quilt Progress

I think I have found the perfect fabric in my stash for the binding, I'll keep you posted. I am excited to get this quilt done and begin enjoying it in front of the TV at night. It is going to so soft and snuggly! I love homemade coziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...