Monday, October 11, 2010

I Need a Pep Talk

By-Jenny2

So, I finished all the pieces for my blue cardigan. Just in time for fall and winter.

Jenny: Blue Cardigan

But, the worst part of the process is ahead: assembly. Ugh, I am not looking forward to it at all. I have to block and flatten these pieces, then sew them all together (fitting in the sleeves, I've never done that before!), finish the collar and add buttons.

Blah.

Jenny: Blue Cardigan

There are so many other things I'd rather be working on. But I really should finish this guy before it gets cold. It would be a shame for it to spend a year in confinement before next winter rolls around... Right?


3 comments:

  1. remember, you don't have to do it all at once! just 15 minutes a day will probably get it all done in about a week. YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rowena! Thinking of it in 15-min increments is definitely helping my attitude. At least every little bit will get it closer to the finished product....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Rowena is right! Just break it down into small pieces, maybe one sleeve at a time. If you get into it and want to work past that much time, all the better! But don't overwhelm yourself by trying to get it done all at once.

    Angel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...