Monday, August 30, 2010

Scrappy Squares Quilt Top

By-Jenny2

It started with this:

Jenny: First Log Cabin Squares

followed by this:

Jenny: Scrappy Squares

then became this:

Jenny: More Scrappy Squares

and finally this:

Jenny: Scrappy Squares Quilt Progress

This weekend, I attached the borders on my quilt top and it is done! Ironed and ready to be assembled, once I can find the backing that I want. Thanks to my husband for holding it for the pics!

Jenny: Scrappy Squares Quilt Top
Jenny: Scrappy Squares Quilt Top

For the backing fabric, I am thinking of flannel. I love the idea of backing blankets and quilts with flannel, it makes them so soft and snuggly. Since this Scrappy Squares Quilt will serve as a lap quilt in our living room, for watching movies and cuddling, I want it to be extra soft. I am going to hit the thrift store this week, to see if I can find some interesting flannel sheets. I have also found this solid set on sale. We'll see...

5 comments:

  1. great quilt! i love seeing the progression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you both! I am excited to complete it and USE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great log cabin quilt! I love how modern it is. When I think of log cabin quilts, browns, maroons and forest greens come to mind. This is so bright! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much, Marie! You are so kind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...