Friday, August 27, 2010

Link Love: Boys Boys Boys

By-Jenny2

Baby #2 is due to make his arrival before the next 3 months are over and I am on a mission to make a crib-sized quilt to welcome him. I've been looking for the perfect fabric(s) for this project, and it's no easy feat. Since you have 2 boys and I'm about to have 2, I thought it might be nice to round up some links to boy-friendly fabrics and projects. Here's a bit of an attempt at this effort.

Starting with fabrics...

The lovely Modern Organic Fabrics features several gender-neutral options, and bonus: they're organic! I especially like this Monaluna set, love the Scooters! I'm actually very tempted by this one, if only it didn't totally clash with the rest of our baby boy stuff...

Purl Soho features a beautiful selection of boy-friendly prints. On their site, I found the following:
- Riley Blake's Wheels, one of my favorite "boy" collection recently
- The Aldo to Zippy collection is pretty darn cute too
- And of course, there is the adorable Boys Will Be Boys collection by Free Spirit, I think you've mentioned this one before!

Fabric Worm, one of my favorite online fabric shops (mostly due to the sheer volume of cute prints they sell), has a pretty extensive stock of adorable children's fabrics. On their site, I found:
- The snuggly and organic Cloud 9 Forest Friends flannel collection
- The fun Urban Circus collection by Laurie Wisbrun
- And lovely custom bundles like this Monaco Birds set, this Scooters Teal/Cocoa set, this Boy's Alphabet set and so, so many more!

I love Michael Miller's Zoology collection and wish it came in more colorways. I am particularly enamored with the Citron version. Would make super cute PJ's, don't you think?

I also found slim pickings but very cute stuff on Kumquat.

Moving on to projects...

Sew, Mama, Sew! recently did a great round-up for back to school clothes tutorials for boys.

Ivy Designs just wrote the cutest tutorial for Sew, Mama Sew! about clothing labels.

And of course, there are the archives from the Celebrate The Boy! series by Made by Rae and Dana Made it, tons of great stuff there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...