Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Drawing Room Clutch

By-Jenny2

Jenny: Drawing Room Clutch

We just returned late Sunday night from a fabulous long weekend in Santa Barbara, California to celebrate the wedding of my best friend from college. I was one of the bridesmaids at her wedding and wore a navy blue dress -- and can I say yay for maternity bridesmaid dresses!!

To accessorize at the reception, I decided I needed a colorful wrap and purse. I bought that 1/2 yard of Anna Maria Horner Drawing Room fabric to make myself a clutch. I found a lovely chartreuse scarf/wrap at World Market that perfectly coordinates with the greens in the purse fabric.

Jenny: Drawing Room Clutch

To make the purse, I simply googled "clutch pattern" and found an array of free options. I picked this one (warning: the link is to a PDF) by Kwik Sew via Sewing.org.

I picked a coordinating fabric from my stash for the lining, and already had interfacing and a magnetic snap -- good to go! I decided to skip the piping, since that wasn't part of my vision for the clutch I wanted. It probably made the project faster. Total, including ironing the fabric, it took me under 2 hours start to finish to make this clutch purse.

Jenny: Drawing Room Clutch
Jenny: Drawing Room Clutch

This was my first time sewing darts, and it was much more straightforward than I would ever have expected!

Jenny: Drawing Room Clutch
Jenny: Drawing Room Clutch

I also added some top-stitching around the flap and at the edge of the front of the clutch. I think it adds a nice touch, especially since I don't have the piping for effect. And that was it!

Jenny: Drawing Room Clutch
Jenny: Drawing Room Clutch
Jenny: Drawing Room Clutch


Angel-mini-buttonAhem, where is the photo of you HOLDING the purse? I think everyone should see how beautiful you looked at the wedding. I noticed the chartreuse wrap in a few of the photos and this clutch is just perfect. It goes great with navy!

Jenny-mini-button All right, all right, here are a couple of pics taken by my husband during the ceremony and reception so you can get an idea of the dress and the wrap. Unfortunately, I don't have a single picture of myself holding the purse! It spent the night on the table. Thanks for the compliments!

bridesmaid-dress-02 bridesmaid-dress-01

3 comments:

  1. lovely clutch.
    bet it looks great with the dress.
    you look great IN the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look beautiful! and I really can't tell that your preggars! Where's the bump?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys! And Caroline, I did look very pregnant in that dress, it's funny that the pics don't show it. The empire waist and flowy material made my belly look even bigger than it actually is. But since I am starting to feel like a whale, I will take all the compliments I can get, ha ha. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...