Saturday, July 17, 2010
Despite a very busy week with my visiting brother, I have somehow managed to save a bunch of links! Here they are...
- More quilts... I am trying to find ideas for a simple baby quilt (just 4 months left before he makes his arrival!). Carly of Quiltville has a great tutorial for a Simply Sweet Baby Quilt, and she's recently posted a couple of variations. I also like this one by Elizabeth at Oh, Fransson! and this one over at Noodlehead.
- I know I post her stuff all the time, but artist Alisa Burke continues to amaze me with her creativity. I loved this story and video of her collaboration with her husband on an art project, and check out these cool upcycled pot holders.
- Here's a fun tutorial by Artsy Crafty Babe for making stenciled, reverse applique, hand-stitched pillows with freezer paper.
- The Silly Boo Dilly has been posting these really cool Pojagi panels, which make me think of stained glass windows except fabric. Check out the first experiment, then #1, #2 and #3. Here's a tutorial too.
- I love this Summer Picnic blouse and dress pattern by Sew Liberated. It's breastfeeding-friendly, which is lovely. I only wish such a pattern would come with long sleeves for our year-round PNW weather.
- And finally, looking for some fabrics around the web, I found a new-to-me shop called Cia's Palette, and was reminded of old favorites Fabric Worm, Fat Quarter Shop, and Fabric Shoppe.
I hope you have a great weekend!! We're off to show my brother around and be tourists in Seattle.