Friday, July 2, 2010

Link Love

By-Jenny2

This week has flown by! I have barely been able to do any work or crafting in the last few days, let alone put together a post. Ben is sick with what we think is a gnarly ear infection. The pediatrician said to wait and see before we bring him in, so we're treating and watching the fever... In other news (and this is for our readers because my dear Angel already knows this!), we had our big ultrasound this morning, and we're having another boy!

Anyway, amidst all this upheaval to the routine, I've been able to gather a few links that got my attention this week...

- Betz White wrote a sweet and nostalgic little post entitled "Doodle All The Day" about her first love, drawing. Makes me want to get out the pencils and doodle myself.

- Catching up on a bunch of back posts by Progressive Pioneer, I saw this waterproof mat she made with felt scraps. You can piece it haphazardly like she did, though I have to admit mine would probably be squared up because I'm neurotic that way. I love this idea -- great purpose for using scraps and a natural way to protect your little one's bedding.

- While I'm thrilled to have two boys pretty soon, one sad aspect of not having a girl is that I won't get to make any of these adorable Oliver + S dresses that are popping up all over the place

- Finally, on Cluck Cluck Sew, one of my favorite new blog finds, I saw this lovely circle garland hanging over a crib. I am now obsessed with recreating this look for the little corner over our new baby's bed.

Cluck Cluck Sew Garland

Looking for some inspiration, I found some garland ideas on Flickr, and a few more on Etsy. But I can't find anything that strikes my fancy quite like the one in Allison's photo!

What do you have planned for the holiday weekend? I hope everyone has a fantastic 4th of July!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...