Thursday, June 3, 2010
We've been enjoying our time in Nashville so much! We spent the morning at the pool with a few friends today. So much fun, but I am pooped! Ben is still napping after 2 hours and I've taken advantage of the quiet to just SIT and catch up on my favorite blogs. I have some good links to share with you!
- I love this idea for summer jammies by Betz White, what a great way to repurpose those old dress shirts from daddy!
- This mini puppet theater by Bookhoo Craft Projects is a cute project. If Ben were a bit older, I'm sure he would be all over it. Maybe Ian might enjoy it?
- Dana over at Made sewed a boatneck shirt for herself as part of her "Sewing for Me" series. I have been obsessing over wanting to make one of those, they are so flattering and comfortable. So, I was so psyched to see her post and I'm saving it!
- Here is a super cute, printable recipe card generator at Skip to my Lou, via How About Orange. I know the lovely address file you won (woohoo!) comes with its own, awesome cards on which to write recipes, but if you need more, I thought these were really fun and convenient. (Edited: Travel and sleep deprivation played tricks with my mind. An ADDRESS file does not have cards for RECIPES. Doh! I think I confused Lovely Design's file with 1Canoe2's equally awesome recipe file. Sorry for the confusion!)
- Finally, I'll leave you with an inspiring read from Zen Habits: the Number 1 habit of creative people is solitude. Is it any wonder we're at our most creative when the kids are napping? It is so hard, when being a full-time mommy to find those moments of alone time, but reading this reminded me to just recognize those moments when I get them and make the most of them -- whether they are a stolen minute of introspection and centering with some deep breaths, or a happily frantic hour at the sewing machine.
That's it for today! Can't wait to see you and the kids tomorrow!