Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day crafts......

By-Angel
Hello!  Is it still World Cup FEVAH at your house?  Have you ever heard this song by Air Miami?  I dated an indie rock nerd in college and remembered this song from some "mix tape" he made me, and I thought of you, my poor World Cup Widow.  This is one time I am glad we don't have cable.

So, what did you come up with for Father's Day?  You mentioned that he was around all weekend and it was hard to make anything, that is a tough one!  I actually got it together so we finished up everything on Friday.  I also went to Trader Joe's and cleaned the house!  Free time is at a premium at our house, so I wanted to give the Dad as much space as I could on Sunday (although, with two kids it's inevitable he had to help out while I cooked breakfast).  I made an omelet using directions from Ashley's book for breakfast (it really IS the best omelet I have ever made or eaten, no kidding!) and we gave him this:

DSC_0057

I followed the directions over at Lovely Design for this project. We used different papers for the letters instead of old artwork. Most of the paper we used was from a packet we bought from Sharilyn months ago! I am an ephemera nut and really love paper, so this was a fun project. I love the way it turned out! I've been trying to find projects that are a little more sophisticated as Ian gets older, things that he can help with that also look great hanging on the wall!

We also made granola, I used a recipe from Cooking for the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair. Hey, here it is! Maple Nut Butter Granola.

Hope things warm up for you soon!  We're about ten degrees hotter than average here, which means mid to upper 90s!  I wish the two extremes could meet somewhere in the middle for both of us!

Jenny-mini-button This project turned out so well!! What a lovely Father's Day gift! I like the idea of using pretty paper instead of painted artwork, smart.

Yes, it still is World Cup Fever around this house... It's fun when it means we get together with friends to "watch" the games, but it's not so fun when we're stuck home all morning during a rare appearance of sunshine outside! My hubby likes to protest "but it's only once every 4 years!". Ugh.

At least on Father's Day weekend, I kept my mouth shut and let him enjoy his soccer, he he. I also got him a nice local bottle of wine. Since he was off work and home for 3 full days, Ben and I didn't get around to making any crafts until Monday. We ended up getting the paints out and came up with something similar to what you did, except a lot less polished, with the letters cut and glued on top of a painted piece of cardstock, instead of peekaboo cut-outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...