Saturday, May 22, 2010

Show and Tell: Bobbin Saver

By-Jenny2

When my mom was visiting us last month, she helped me get my dining / craft room in order, she cleaned up and oiled my sewing machine (and showed me how to do it!), and she made note of what I had and didn't have in terms of sewing tools and supplies. During one of our many trips to various local fabric shops, while I was drooling over designer fat quarters, she came toward me holding a peculiar rubber ring in her hand.


bobbin-saver

"Trust me, you need this!" she said. And despite my rolling my eyes at her purchasing yet another gadget for me (she does that a lot), I have to agree that this is the coolest little thing ever. It is called a Bobbin Saver and you can find it at some local fabric shops and at most Joann's.


Jenny: Spotlight: Bobbin Saver

So yes, today my spotlight is on a gadget. It's not usually my thing, I like to use mason jars, recycled containers and old wooden boxes to store tools and notions. But bobbins... they have a mind of their own. I went from swearing every time I had to untangle a bobbin from all its other bobbin friends in the little baggie where I kept them all stored, to reaching for the one I need easy-peasy without a mess of tangles and knots. This Bobbin Saver is compact and cheap, yet serves its purpose efficiently and without fuss. One word: awesome! (How's that for advertising? I promise I wasn't paid to write this!)

2 comments:

  1. Jenny that is so cool! My bobbins are in a heap in the bottom of my sewing box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is the kind of spirit I like concerning my gadgets buying addiction! And it really is awesome...
    -Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...