Thursday, April 1, 2010

Show and Tell: Nicey Jane

By-Jenny2

Heather Bailey's collection Nicey Jane came out a few months ago and I fell in love with the prints and colorways as soon as I saw this little fabric slideshow on her blog. The flowers reminded me of vintage pillowcases and table cloths, but with more punch and joy. The stripes and other geometric patterns had just the right amount of retro while remaining fresh and sophisticated. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it, but I had resolved to use up my stash before buying new fabric...

As you know, my mom is visiting us in Seattle at the moment. Since she is a sewing and craft freak just like me (I get it from somewhere!), I took her around to some of my favorite fabric stores last weekend. And lucky me, she gifted me with a handful of Nicey Jane fat quarters on which I became fixated at Pacific Fabrics!


Jenny Spotlight: Nicey Jane

We also purchased a half-yard of laminated cotton from the same collection to make Ben a painting/crafting apron. (More on that at some point in the near future.)


Jenny Spotlight: Nicey Jane

I am so excited about these prints! I love them even more in "real life" than on the computer screen. The quality of the cotton is great, first off. But the design and choice of colors achieve just the perfect mix of vintage and modern. Heather Bailey really struck a lovely balance there, not too much of either one, and the result is fresh and happy: the right fabric for spring!

I can't decide which is my favorite out of these 2:


Jenny Spotlight: Nicey Jane
Jenny Spotlight: Nicey Jane

I promptly washed and ironed my Nicey Jane fabric and it is ready to be put to good use. Now for inspiration... What do you think I should make with these springy quarters?!


Jenny Spotlight: Nicey Jane
Jenny Spotlight: Nicey Jane

1 comment:

  1. I am in love with the Nicey Jane! I am hoping it is at Fabric Depot here in Portland, b/c they are having a big sale this weekend. I think these fabrics will be perfect to fill out the vintage tablecloth & napkin quilt I'm working on for my little brother and his wife.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...